Chapter One

Loki of Asgard was fucking annoying.

I'd met him three times - and all three times he had managed to escape without me telling him that I needed his help. It was annoying as hell. I'd tracked him around the globe and through four different countries.

It had been two months since I had deserted Hydra. People had come after me, but none of them had gotten me. I had been given the super-soldier serum for a reason.

But tonight was the night. I'd heard that 'Louis Elden' would be attending some sort of illegal club to buy something. Information or something solid, I still didn't know, but I knew that this Louis Elden was Loki.

First of all, he had used the name before. I hadn't approached him while he was using the name, so he most likely thought that I didn't know about it. Second, he used a Norse surname, and his first name started with 'L'. Besides, I'd seen pictures of Louis. He looked extremely similar to Loki, except he had shorter hair, and his eyes were a dull brown. He'd probably used magic to change his features.

When the time rolled around, I got dressed. I put on a long-sleeved, skin-tight black dress and some heels as well as bold makeup. I even did my hair nicely.

Now, wearing a skin-tight dress was dangerous, because it meant that I could hide less weapons. Still, I was able to wear a necklace that turned electric if the right place was pressed, and I hid a few knives in the sleeves of my dress. The handles were thin, and I turned around in the mirror to make sure none of the weapons were visible.

I walked down the bustling streets of London, and towards loud, thumping music. I reached the club and the bouncer asked for ID. I gave them my card, the name Elizabeth Archer flashing as I passed it over. Elizabeth Archer was the daughter of some mob boss, and the bouncer let me in without much fuss.

If the music was loud outside, it was deafening inside the club. Colourful lights flashed around the room, and people were dancing. The dance floor was in the centre of the room, and there was a bar to my left and booths occupying the furthest wall. I noticed the man I was looking for exit one of the booths before striding to the dance floor. He wore a completely black suit, and I quickly came up with a plan.

I walked to the dance floor and bumped into him. He steadied me with a hand on my waist, and I blinked up at him with innocent eyes. His face grew bored as he looked at me.

"You, again?" he asked.

I smiled widely.

"Me again," I said. "I need to talk to you."

Loki smiled at me, but it wasn't a genuine smile. A slow song started playing over the speakers, and another plan formed in my head.

"Dance with me," I said, grabbing his arm.

He narrowed his eyes at me but grabbed my waist and spun me around. I wrapped my arms around his neck and we began to sway to the music. Loki leaned down and pressed his lips near my ear.

"Give me one good reason not to kill you where you stand," he murmured.

I felt the point of a knife dig into the lower of my back where Loki's hands rested. I flicked a blade out of my sleeve and pressed lightly into his neck.

"You stab me, I stab you," I said.

Loki pulled back and surveyed me. After a moment, he pulled away from me, the knife disappearing.

"Stop following me, Darling," he purred. "It makes you seem desperate."

He then walked away, leaving me standing alone in the middle of the dance floor.

I should follow after him. Maybe he'd kill me for it, but I needed him, and he needed me.

He just didn't know why, yet.