Chapter Eleven

A few weeks later I had complete control of my power. I could now teleport, create portals and shields, and I could create blue energy blasts. Loki and Wanda helped me with my power every day. I got closer to both of them during the process.

Loki staying around the tower quickly became natural, to me, at least. A few of the Avengers still treated him with suspicion, but quite a few of them had accepted him already. Bucky and Loki became quick friends, as well as Loki and Wanda. Nick Fury had come in to the tower to speak with us. He was pretty mad that Loki was staying with us, but Natasha was able to convince him that Loki wasn't all that bad.

And he really wasn't. He spent a lot of time in the tower's library, going through Midgardian literature at a fast pace. He'd read a lot of my favourite books, and a lot of populars and classics, like Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, and Shakespeare. Lots and lots of Shakespeare. He really liked plays, apparently.

Loki spent a lot of time with me, too. When we weren't training, we were either reading together or just hanging out. I really enjoyed spending time with him, and could feel my crush grow every minute I was around him. I pushed it down every time, though, because I doubted he would ever love a mortal.

"Well, Fury says we need to have a press conference to announce that Loki was under mind control and is now a part of the team," Natasha said one afternoon.

Loki and I were on a couch in the common room, reading. He had his legs up on the coffee table and my legs lay across his. He held his book with one hand and my knee with the other, and it sent jolts of electricity through me.

"And then, a party," Tony said, clapping his hands.

A few of the other Avengers rolled their eyes, but no one disagreed.

The press conference happened the next day. We all got dressed in our superhero suits (I wore one like Natasha's, and Loki dressed in his Asgardian armour. We all went to the press conference. All of the Avengers walked onto the stage in a line, and cheers erupted for everyone. Loki and I remained on the sidelines until our turn.

"And now, I'd like to introduce the newest members of our team," Steve said. "Allow me to introduce Y/n L/n, and Loki of Asgard."

A loud murmur went through the crowd, and then a gasp as Loki stepped onto the stage. Cameras began flashing, and people started yelling out questions.

"If everyone would quieten down, maybe then the fossil could answer some questions you all obviously have," Tony said boredly.

The crowd quietened down and Cap cleared his throat. He told the crowd about Loki's mind control situation, and how he was now a good guy working for the Avengers. He then explained that I was Natasha's sister, and a widow with powers. The crowd had a few questions to ask, and we answered them to the best of our abilities. Loki was polite when he answered their questions.

Once the press conference was over, we all went back to the tower.

"Now, the party," Tony said. "No reporters allowed. They always cause such a drama. Celebrities and friends are coming."

He gave Natasha a look, and she nodded, a smile gracing her face. She and Wanda both turned to me and grabbed me before dragging me to Wanda's room.

"We're getting ready together," Wanda stated. "And we already have the perfect dress for you."

Wanda opened her closet door and pulled out a beautiful, emerald green dress. It was sleeveless and had a criss-cross back. It was floor length, and absolutely stunning.

"And it's in Loki's colour," Wanda said with a wink.

I felt my face heat up as I tried to get words out. None of them were making sense. Wanda and Natasha grinned at me and I buried my face in my hands. The two women laughed and I scrunched up my face.