Chapter Twenty

I opened my eyes to a black and white living room. It was decorated nicely, and I had the feeling that I'd been here before. But when? Now? Before now? The living room felt lived in, like I had lived in it. But when?

Where was I? What was going on? I couldn't remember anything from... anywhere. I remembered my name... and Loki...

Where was Loki? What had happened? What had happened... where? When? I wasn't sure. Where had what happened? What was I stressing about? I remembered flashes of something, but they were gone before I could dwell on them. Gone before I could grasp them, like they weren't really mine to begin with.

I stared at the black and white couch, and colour began to seep into it. First, emerald green appeared in the corner, and then spread across it. The wallpaper came to life with colour, and then everything else did, too, including myself and my outfit. I began picking at the dress I was wearing, and I heard a choked breath.

"Y/n, Darling."

I turned around to see Loki standing behind me. He wore a nice black suit, but not fancy silk like he used to wear. He used to wear... when? It didn't matter. The front door to the house we stood in closed, and I saw a swish of red magic disappear. Red magic... who had red magic?

Wanda did! Wanda, my friend, my neighbour. I looked at Loki again, and he had tears in his eyes. Why was he crying? What had happened? Had I said something wrong earlier? I couldn't quite remember anything before now.

"Where are we?" I asked.

I felt like I should know. I felt like I'd been here before, or maybe I'd seen it before. But where had I seen it? Did I live here? I was sure I did. Loki slowly walked towards me, his eyes never leaving my face. He grabbed my hands cautiously, and then kissed my palm once, twice. Then my forehead, and then my lips.

"We're in Westview, Darling," Loki said, cupping my face, smiling and looking at my face like he hadn't seen me in years. "We're home."

Westview. Home. And then I remembered. Everything was okay. I had Loki, and I was safe. I was home.