Chapter Three

I woke up with a throbbing headache. I blinked a few times to clear my head, and recognised my surroundings. I was in Loki's kitchen, and I was chained to the wall. I tugged at my restraints, but they wouldn't budge.

"Good morning, Darling," Loki purred, entering the room. "I was hoping you would wake soon."

I glared at him and continued tugging at my restraints.

"Darling, those are enchanted," he sighed. "You are not getting out of them until I let you." He knelt in front of me, and placed a dagger under my chin, forcing me to look up into his eyes. "Now, why are you here?"

"To offer you a proposition," I said through gritted teeth. "But I thought you didn't want to hear it."

"I didn't," he admitted, "until I heard your thoughts while you slept. You know where the Tesseract is."

Damn. I wanted to reveal my big surprise. Hydra had known that the Tesseract was now back on Earth. They had machines to track it, and apparently it was in the Avengers' Tower. No one was stupid enough to try and steal it from there, though.

"Yeah," I said. "And I reckon we can steal it. Together."

An amused expression grew on Loki's face and he grinned at me.

"And how, pray tell, do you think we can do that?" he asked. "I have already tried to get information, and you know that I can make anyone speak."

"Obviously you can't, or you've been talking to the wrong people," I said. "I know exactly how to get into the tower and break through the security they've placed around it without triggering an alarm."

Loki looked at me expectantly, and I shook my head.

"I'm not telling you until you agree to this," I said. "I'm not giving information for free."

Loki bared his teeth at me and stood up before pacing around his kitchen. I waited patiently for him to come to a decision.

"And what if I decide to just torture and then kill you instead?" he said. "I could make even you talk."

I shook my head at him.

"I was trained by the best," I said. "You could torture me until I am begging for mercy, until I'm screaming for you to end it, but I still won't tell you anything."

Loki's eyes narrowed. I knew that he could sense lies, but he wouldn't be able to sense one here. I had been trained by the Red Room and Hydra not to give up information. Information was more important than my life, according to them.

"Fine," he said. "What is your plan?"

I jingled the chains around my wrists and rolled his eyes and flicked his hands. The chains fell beside me on the floor, and I stood up, rolling my neck. Loki walked towards me and stopped when he was almost touching me. He was taller than me, and I had to crane my neck to look at him.

"First thing's first," I said. "The plan is to get the Tesseract, and kill the Winter Soldier."

Loki blinked in slight surprise.

"And why would I agree to that?" he seethed.

"Because if you don't, I won't help you," I replied. "It's the only thing I want. You don't even have to get me out afterwards, if you don't want to."

I didn't care about living after killing the Winter Soldier. I was being hunted by both Hydra and Shield, and I had no one to live for. My sisters had most likely forgotten that I had existed. I mean, neither of them hadn't even tried to save me from the Red Room or Hydra.

Loki looked at me for a moment, scrutinising me. His mouth quirked up to the side, and he nodded. I held my hand out to him, and he looked at it for a moment before shaking it, and sealing the deal.

"Fine," he said. "Now, what is the plan?"

Before I could respond, there was a loud bang at the door. I looked at it in alarm, and Loki glared at me.

"You tricked me," he said, slight awe in his voice.

"No," I said.

Loki narrowed his eyes at me.

"Then who is at my door, causing such a commotion?" he asked as another bang sounded.

"I don't know," I said. "Avengers? Shield? Hydra?"

Loki cocked his head and walked over to the door. He opened it, and at least twenty armed agents stood outside. They all held machine guns and wore helmets that covered their faces.

"Hands up," one of them said.

"For whatever reason?" Loki asked innocently.

I slowly moved my hand to my thigh holster, before noticing the loss of weight there. After a quick glance down, I realised that Loki must have taken my weapons.

"We are taking in the traitor, and the boss wants to speak with you," the agent said, still not lowering the gun.

I looked towards Loki. He turned his head to look at me and a wicked smile began to adorn his face.

"Apologies, Y/n," he said.

My mouth began to open in shock, and Loki stepped aside. The agents entered and immediately began to swarm me.

I would not let them take me. Not again.

I kicked the one closest to me in the crotch and ducked behind another. Bullets tore through the body of the agent I was hiding behind, and I stole a gun from his belt before rolling behind the counter. I heard screams and shouts and the sound of blades tearing into flesh. I looked over the top of the counter and saw Loki attacking the agents. I shot at the remaining few, and they all fell to the floor, dead.

There was a moment of silence and Loki wiped some blood off of his face.

"What the hell was that?" I exclaimed. "You practically just sacrificed me!"

Loki sighed and rolled his eyes at me.

"Not really, Darling," Loki said. "I simply wanted to see how skilled you were. If you had let them take you, or if they had killed you, I would have decided that the deal was off. But you handled yourself well."

I narrowed my eyes at him, but I sort of understood, even if I didn't agree with his methods.

"We had best be going, then," Loki said.

He walked over to me and held out a hand. I eyed it warily, and he rolled his eyes before grabbing my arm. An unfamiliar sensation filled my body. I felt like I was walking through a curtain, until I was standing in front of a small cottage in the middle of a forest.

"Welcome to my safe house," was all Loki said before he strode for the door.