Chapter Fourteen

A month after my date with Loki, we had a mission. A Hydra base had been located. It was a base where Hydra scientists supposedly experimented on children. We were all more than happy to destroy it.

"Alright, Y/n, you know the plan?" Steve asked.

I nodded.

"Fight the guys outside, take Loki, Natasha, and Tony in the building, find the kids, make a portal to get them to the Shield base, set some agents on fire, kill a few more, and cut a few of their heads off," I said, counting the steps off my fingers.

Steve sighed.

"No to the last three," Steve said.

I narrowed my eyes at him. I was going to do it anyway, whether he liked it or not. The quinjet landed in a field. Bullets immediately pelted for the jet, but Wanda created a shield around the jet and us. We all began running towards the Hydra agents. A few ran away from us, but a few stayed to fight. They were all dead or unconscious within seconds of us reaching them. I may have made sure that the ones I faced stayed down indefinitely.

While agents poured out of the building, Loki, Natasha, Tony, and I fought our way into the base. I created portals so that we could walk through walls, and we killed a few agents along the way.

We quickly reached the room where the children were supposed to be held. I created a portal over the locked door and stepped through, only to be met with gunfire. I created a shield and sent three blasts at the agents shooting. The blasts hit them in the chests and they crashed into the wall before crumpling to the floor.

We were expecting ten children. Instead, we found ourselves in the presence of thirty.

"Hey, kids," I said softly. "We're getting you out of here."

I opened a portal into the Shield base, where three women were waiting for the children. One by one, they stepped through the portal, and when the last child had stepped into the Shield base, I smiled at them all.

"These three ladies will take care of you for now," I said.

One of the children pointed at me.

"You're the Sapphire Sorceress!" they said with a smile.

I glanced at Loki.

It's what they call you, he said into my mind. Your superhero name.

Funny. I hadn't heard that one before. I smiled at the child.

"That's right," I said. "And I'll make sure you're safe."

The children smiled at me, and I waved before closing the portal. Loki smiled at me, and I smiled back.

"Alright, let's help these Avengers get their job done," Tony sighed.

We exited the building to fight the rest of the agents. I was doing really well with my powers. I created a massive burst of power and took down seven agents at once.

A blinding pain tore through my skull. I clutched it wildly, and stumbled to the side. Unfortunately, I stumbled right into an agent, and earned a knife in my side. I yelled in pain and punched them in the face. They flew back a few feet before crumpling to the ground.

My head felt like it was being split open by an axe. My power pulsed, completely out of my control. I faintly heard people calling out my name, and I dropped to my knees, screaming. I felt like my head was going to explode.

"Y/n!"

I opened my eyes to see Loki kneeling in front of me, but unable to reach me due to a blue shield of light. I lowered the shield, my head still throbbing. I could barely see straight. The pain clouded my thoughts.

"Y/n," Loki murmured, placing both hands on my temples.

I felt my eyes roll back before I awoke in the medical bay. Everyone was standing or sitting around, and they all started towards me when they realised I was awake.

"Y/n," Loki said, cupping my face. "Are you alright?"

"I don't know," I said, sitting up. "What... what happened?"

Everyone looked between each other, and I braced myself for the worst.

"Your power started attacking you, we think," Bruce said softly. "We're not sure why. You hadn't used as much power as you usually do..."

He trailed off, and I buried my head in my hands. Why was my power doing this? I assumed that the headache I'd had on the date a month previous had been the result of it...

"We think that you should stay off the field for a while," Steve said cautiously.

Tears stung my eyes, but I nodded. Being an Avenger was something that had really become dear to me - saving people rather than hurting them. The Avengers slowly excused themselves, until only Natasha, Wanda, and Loki were left in the room with me.

"Maybe you could talk to Strange about it," Natasha suggested softly.

I nodded slowly. Bruce came back to make sure that all my vitals were okay, and I was free to leave. I walked back to my room, and Loki followed me. I didn't stop him from entering my room, and I sat down on my bed and buried my face in my hands. A weight settled beside me, and Loki brought me in for a hug.

"What's wrong with me?" I whispered.

Loki's arms tightened around me.

"There is nothing wrong with you, Love," he said firmly. "We will speak to the second-rate sorcerer to see if he knows anything. If he does not, then we will work through this together. I will take you back to Mother myself, if I must."

I hugged him tightly and thanked him. Three words came to mind, but I pushed them away. It was too soon.

hehe im nearly finished writing the first part of this story >:) (that is supposed to be an evil smiley face btw >:) )