Chapter Two

Loki was a fucking diva. He lived in a penthouse, which was extremely hard to get to. Luckily, I knew a thing or two about breaking into houses.

I was able to slip in through the kitchen window easily. I had followed him home and then gone back to get into my suit. It was a plain black widow suit used for getting in and out of places undetected. It was flexible and comfortable, but didn't have nearly enough pockets.

Loki's home was luxurious as all fuck. He had an open floor plan, with his kitchen, living, and dining room together, and there were stairs that I assumed led to his bedroom and bathroom. His kitchen had an island, and there were papers and weapons and books scattered across it.

"What are you doing here, mortal?"

The voice came from seemingly nowhere. I backed up to the window I had just entered through, and looked around. There was a ripple of movement towards my left, and I quickly turned to face that way. There was nothing but a faint, faint outline of a body. I concentrated harder, and the illusion faded away to reveal Loki. He looked at me in shock.

"How did you do that?" he demanded.

He wore his Asgardian armour, but there was no famous helmet in sight. He held a pair of daggers in his hands, and I knew that he was experienced in using them. I held a gun out in front of me.

"Do what?" I asked.

Loki narrowed his eyes at me.

"See through my illusion," he growled.

It was my turn to narrow my eyes.

"I thought that was you," I said.

Loki regarded me coolly before throwing a knife at me. It was a lifetime of training that had me diving out of the way in time. I held my gun up as I stood behind the island-counter.

"Stop throwing knives at me," I said. "I have a proposition for you."

"I don't care," he said, throwing another knife at me.

I turned to the side, the blade passing a fraction of an inch past my face. Loki threw another dagger at me, and I ducked behind the counter.

This was not going well at all. I somersaulted out of the way of the counter. Knives flew for me, and I jumped up onto the balcony of the second storey.

"I want you to leave," Loki growled.

He appeared at the bottom of the balcony with a knife in his hand, and I shot at him. The bullet bounced off of his skin, and my eyes widened in slight horror. No one had told me that he was bulletproof.

"If you want me," I said, "come get me."

It was probably stupid to taunt a god, but he paused, and a cocky smile grew on his face.

"Want you in what way, Darling?" he asked. "Do not get me wrong, both involve ropes, but it is an important distinction to make before we proceed."

I glared at him, and a hand grabbed my shoulder forcefully. The illusion of Loki at the bottom of the stairs disappeared, and the real Loki at my side held a knife to my throat.

"Which way?" he asked.

I bared my teeth at him, and he hit the side of my head, rendering me unconscious.