A W S N A P

- Yeehaw -

"However each group will be of six"

Damn it. Mondays suck.

I slam my head against the table, how in the world were we meant to get someone else to help us? Nobody likes us. I spent the entire class worrying about how we were going to find someone as dull as a dishwasher to join us. We were probably just going to blow this project off, like every other one. I was taken from my thoughts by Diesel grabbing my arm and tugging me towards the door where the others stood. 

"Wait! You five!"

As one we turned towards the teacher, who stood with a stern look on her face. We stepped towards her desk waiting for what was coming. 

"I have been told to inform you that this grade is crucial for your school year. If you don't ace this project you will not only fail my class, but you will fail the entire year"

Aw snap. That was one way to acknowledge the corn, we're screwed. 

"I know you're good kids and I thought it was best I tell you before someone else dropped the bomb a lot less pleasantly" She looked around the circle we had formed. "I suggest you find a sixth member before our next class, or you will fail"

Dejected we all left the classroom, brainstorming ways to get another member. 

_____________________

The third period came and went, and I was still empty-handed. Richy and I walked down the hall towards his locker, I could tell he was nervous or worried by the way he kept fidgeting. 

"You're like a long-tailed cat in a room full of rockin' chairs, Your makin' me nervous" I playfully nudge him in the side. 

He just shakes his head at me and opens his locker, I lean up against the one next to his. 

"I'm just thinking about the grade, if we don't pass this I am going to be disowned"

"Man, if you could get anymore disowned I would eat my shorts" Mustang popped into our conversation sharing his unwanted thoughts as usual.

King come up behind him and slapped him in the back of the head. Richy looked down at his shoes, I could tell he was trying to hide a smile but the others thought he was sad.

"What kind of sauce do you like with your shorts?" He looked back up at Mustang and gave a shit-eating grin.

Mustang let out a strangled cough as if choking on his words. A hand came up and started patting him on the back trying to help him breathe again. Diesel came into view and looked around the herd of losers.

"Anyone had any luck?"

Various 'no's' sounded from the group and she sighed. 

"Ok, so we should have like a game plan?" She looked to see if any lightbulbs went off with any of us.

"We could just ask everyone we know and see what happens?" Richy. The brains of the operation. We'd be fried without him.

"Ok at lunch we all meet up in the cafeteria and re-evaluate then" King took lead, and we all nodded.

Heading our separate ways to bombard every possible person that could help us, hoping to find at least one person that will put us out of our misery. 

_____________________

Lunch rolled around and we all sat at a table in the far corner of the cafeteria, waiting for King so we could exchange stories. Said boy plonked down next to me and huffed. That was not a good sign when King huffed he was either about to beat the devil out of someone or the general store's out of gummy bears. No one volunteered to share first, deep down we all knew no one had good news. 

"Did anybody have any luck at all?" 

"I didn't"

"Me either"

"Nothing"

"I had one" Everyone turned towards Mustang.

"Well?....." King pried.

"It was Tammy Crawford" A collective groan left the group.

Tammy Crawford was a girl in our year, and she was obsessed with King. It couldn't be healthy for her to be so crazy. She's kind of off her mental reservation. 

"But she will only help us if she gets to date King" another groan.

If there's one thing you need to know about King-Jones, it's that he. Does. Not. Date. Like ever. I think it's a commitment thing but he would rather gouge his eyeballs out than take a girl out. Especially Tammy Crawford.

"Well then. It's safe to say we are officially done for" Diesel sighed.

We sat there trying to accept the fact that we were probably going to drop out when Mustang did the only thing he was good for. Reckless and crazy ideas.

"What about the new kid?"

A/N: Ok so I'm not super happy with this chapter but it's a start. Don't forget to vote and comment :)