A P U N C H A N D A K I C K

- Diesel -

He turned his back and walked off, pulling Cooper with him.

The traitor.

Yeehaw, Richy and I stood in front of the principles office, waiting for Mustang. He had been in there for over half an hour. Richy was rubbing his side where the boys had been kicking him. Yeehaw lost his hat along the way and was devastated about it. I could only imagine what I looked like. I could feel a bump coming up near my left eyebrow and my ribs were starting to bruise. This was the second time in two days we had been beaten up. By the same three boys

"Where's King anyways?" Yeehaw said.

I remember seeing King with Cooper right before Mustang got taken away. He didn't even come to help, he just stood there. I can't believe he didn't help us. 

"He took off" Richy stated facts yet again.

Yeehaw just looked at him and sighed. "Duh".

The door opened and the principal stepped out with a bashed-up Mustang in tow. 

"You three are free to go, Mr Hart here told me that you were just defending him and the fight got out of hand" She took him by the elbow and started to walk off.

"Wait! What's gon' happen to him?"

"Mr Hart has been suspended for inappropriate behaviour, he will be allowed back on campus in two days, but thank you for expressing your concern Mr Hill" She looked over at me. "And I will be calling all of your parents"

Salt in an open wound.

_____________________

The door to the garage slammed behind me as I trudged inside. My day had been long, by lunch everyone had heard about the fight and the whispers were suffocating. Taylor and his buddies looked in worse shape than we felt so that was always a bonus. I looked around the garage, all the cars were left half-finished hanging at various heights. It was quiet. Too quiet. I made my way up the stairs and into the lounge room, dumping my bag on the coffee table. Dad walked out of his room, scaring the life out of me. 

"God, Dad. Don't do that"

He walked toward me, arms folded and a serious face on. 

"You wanna tell me why I got a call from your school today?"

"Not really" I sighed. "What's it matter anyway?"

"It matters because you got into a fight! You can't do that, you need school!"

"It hasn't mattered to you before!"

He was getting close to me now.

"I just don't want you to end up like-"

"What like you!?" 

He was furious, I could see the steam coming from his ears. 

"Dad you haven't cared for years! Every time reports come out you just wave me off and say you'll read it later, I have every school report since the third grade in a box under my bed" I pushed him away. "Why care now?"

He just stared at me. I didn't know what to expect. 

"Is this all a front to get me to acknowledge you? These bruises? These fights?"

"Acknowledge me?! Dad, I am done trying to get your attention, not everything is about you. I got these bruises protecting my friends, no screw that, my family! You wouldn't know what that is because all you have ever loved is your cars and that's why mum left" I gasped, knowing I had stepped over the line with that one. 

Dad just looked at me, trying to process what I had just said. When the realisation settled in he went to hit me and I flinched, bracing for the impact. It never came. We both stared up at his hand that was raised. I took a step back and tripped over the coffee table. He tried to reach out to me but I turned and scrambled to the door. 

"Addy, I'm sorry-" The door slammed. 

I ran down the dark streets toward the Manor. Out of breath and probably looking like a wild animal I slowly reached the door. None of the lights was on so I just went in. I sat down on my couch and pulled my phone from my back pocket. I didn't know what to do when a text lit up my screen illuminating my tear-stained face. 

Are you ok? -Mustang🎸

I smiled, somehow he always knew when something had happened. 

Not really, are you around? -Diesel🔩

Not even five minutes later and Mustang was standing in the doorway of the Manor, my favourite hoodie in his hands. I run up and engulfed him in a hug.

"Come on" He handed me the jumper. "Let's go eat and talk"

I slipped the warm fabric over my head. "My two favourite things"

_____________________

We sat in a booth at my favourite restaurant, I was cuddled up in the blue fabric of Mustangs sweater and he was browsing the menu for something to satisfy his ridiculous appetite. 

"You wanna talk about it?"

His brown eyes peeked over the red card. I could see he didn't want to talk until he had some food to obsess over instead of dealing with the sad feels, so I made it easy for him.

"Let's eat first"

I ordered a stack of pancakes from the all-day breakfast and Mustang ordered just about one of everything. He kept flirting with the waitress, I knew he was doing it so we wouldn't have to pay, but it just didn't sit right with me. It's never bothered me before so I just brushed it off. When the food came it smelled mouth-watering great.

"Ok, enough what happened?" He looked up with a mouth full of eggs.

I shoved a napkin towards him and groaned.

"Stuff happened" 

He snorted. "I got that".

I put some pancakes in my mouth, savouring the sweet taste. 

"Come on Diesel, you've gotta come clean some time"

I tried to think of the right spot to start.

"I got into a fight with my dad after the school called him" I shrugged trying to hide the tears threatening to spill.

He nodded, urging me to continue. 

"Um... He got angry after I brought up mum." I looked anywhere but the brown-haired boy in front of me. "He went to hit me"

His fork dropped onto his plate. His chair scraped across the ground. His napkin fell to the table. And before I knew it he was out the door.

A/N: I'm back!! I felt like I had to get a chapter out today so I pushed and here it is. I was thinking about starting another book but I'm too scared that with two on the go I won't update either one so I think I might wait a little longer. Anyway, don't forget to vote and comment<3