TWENTY-FIVE

As dessert is served, everyone gathered around that one long table, Greg stands up, clinking his beer bottle with a fork. Everyone looks at him.

"I just need to say this kasi baka maiyak ako kapag kinimkim ko..." Elaine giggles at this and Vince smiles as she looks at him, a hand on his knee.

"Hindi ko na matandaan the last time we were together like this... The original Saturday group - of course that includes our baby girl, si Kyle... but today has reminded me of how good we have it together, and kanina ko pa naiisip how grateful I am to have such crazy, wonderful friends like you."

"Ang drama mo naman talaga, Greggy!" Boogie says.

"Oo nga, Papi! Pa-kiss!" Rico adds, eliciting more laughter from the rest.

Greg blows him a kiss, then adds, "Gago ka talaga... Where was I?"

"Tagaytay!" Boogie says.

Greg shakes his head. "Itong pagkakaibigan natin saw us through every major event of our lives since college. And I don't know about you guys, but that to me is a pretty big deal... This gathering means a lot more dahil sa tinagal-tagal ng hinintay natin for this." He smiles at Elaine and Vince. "Kanina ko pang gustong sabihin that it is really nice to see you two together like this..."

They can see the others nodding, even Boogie and Rico serious this time. "Vince, pare, masayang masaya ako para sa'yo dahil buo na ulit ang pamilya mo for sa Saturday group meeting... Na nandito na ang crush kong si Elaine... at mukha na naman kayong mag-syota... I just want to say in front of and in behalf of the group that we wish you two the best." He raises his bottle. "Sana maraming marami pang kiss na makuhanan. To Vince and Elaine!"

Glasses and bottles clink, but Greg doesn't sit down. "And one more toast for our baby girl... Kyle, anak, alam mo namang ikaw ang official na baby ng barkada namin. Ngayong mag-aasawa ka na, sana..."

"'Wag munang bigyan si Vince ng apo!" Tootsie says. Vince only shakes his head.

"... Sana matutunan mo ang balanse ng pagiging ikaw, at ang pagiging kabiyak. Never let your marriage stop you from growing into an even better version of you..."

"Ninong, sa susunod na buwan pa ang wedding!" Kyle teases.

He smiles. "Nakakatakot lang kasi noon saluhan lang kami ng pagkarga sa'yo kapag umiiyak ka, tapos ngayon... Time does fly, ano?"

"Ang drama mo na, Ninong," she replies, her eyes a near-pool of tears. Vince reaches out for her and she leans against him as Greg goes on.

"Thank you for bringing us all together again, Kylie our baby. Pakisabi kay Jake na may army ka ng mga ninong at ninang na reresbak kapag 'di siya umayos... To Kyle and to Jake!"

Kyle stands up to give Greg a hug as the rest clink their glasses again. Vince takes a sip of water, then looks at Elaine, who finishes the sangria in her glass.

"What? Gusto mo?" She asks, about to reach for the pitcher.

He just watches as she pours some in her glass and hands that to him.

"Vince? "

"Yeah? Sorry..."

"Nadala ka yata sa drama ni Greggy, ha, " she says.

~~~

The guys clear the table and say they will wash the dishes, leaving the girls alone in the garden. The talk has been about the kids, the husbands, the businesses and careers, until Ampy turns to Elaine.

"So... what's the real score?"

Of course this is the main question not just of the night, but of the last two weeks, Tootsie adds.