FIFTY-EIGHT

Kyle hands Jake a set of cards. "Okay, now we go to the fun part!" she says. "This is a set of questions and dares..."

"Dares," Elaine repeats, narrowing her eyes.

"Dares!" Kyle affirms. "There is a question in front, then it's either there's a follow-up at the back, or a dare."

Elaine looks at Vince, who just wrinkles his nose, listening to the rest of the instructions: They will determine which questions to answer as they will pick the cards from the pile. They must answer honestly, or in the case of dares - there's an indicator on the end held by Jake - do them.

The person who picks the card must answer the question in front first.

"I think we're in trouble," Elaine tells Vince as they put their glasses on. He picks the first card.

---------------------
Question: Who said I love you first?

Vince:
Siyempre I did.

Follow-up: Who often says I love you?

Elaine:
Siya rin... Especially when we fight. (Looks at Vince) 'Di ba?

Vince:
Yeah...

Elaine:
(wrinkles her nose) More often than not kasi, kasalanan niya... (picks next card)

----------------------

Question: Who usually starts the fight?

Elaine:
(Giggles) Sakto ha? Si Vince.

Vince:
I'm supposed to answer...

Elaine:
Ako na nga sumagot. Tanggapin mo na lang para wala nang away... (Turns card) UY!

Follow-up: Demonstrate how your partner is when he/she is mad.

Elaine:
You go.

Vince:
(Stares at her) Paano ba? (Frowns) Usually kasi... Hmm. In the middle of the fight? Or pasimula?

Kyle:
From when you know na galit na siya...

Vince:
(Crosses his arms over his lap as gracefully as he can manage; frowns at Elaine, looks away and sighs... then does that again)

Elaine:
(shakes her head) Ang corny. Hindi gano'n!

Vince:
Ganoon ka... As in... (to Jake) Si Elaine, she doesn't nag. She'll kill you with her silence.

Elaine:
It drives him nuts.

Vince:
Then in the middle of a fight ... (Sighs, makes his voice gentler and smaller) "Vince, okay na..." (Purses his lips) "Okay na talaga..." (Puts hands up, chest level) "Don't touch me nga... Okay na..."

(To Elaine) Hug mo nga ako... (Turns the other way as she does) "Vince naman, eh... Okay na nga..." (pries her arms away from himself; raises his hands to his chest) "Enough, okay?"

Tapos ayun... Paulit-ulit 'yon - lilipat siya ng upuan o kaya ng kwarto - until pwede na siyang suyuin.

Jake:
How long does it take?

Vince:
Within a day naman... 'Di naman ako natitiis nito. (wiggles his eyebrows at her) 'Di ba?

Elaine:
Yeah... 'Di rin kasi ako mapagtanim --

Vince:
Oh, wow!

Elaine:

(playfully shoves his face)