Chapter-3

Author's p.o.v

Aurin was sitting beside a window and shedding tears silently. She was too hurt by Mikaeel's behaviour. Last night, he behaved with her like she is some kind of object and in the morning he insulted her.

She had a lot of expectations from her husband and a lot of dreams regarding her marriage but seems like all of her wishes and expectations won't be fulfilled ever. That's the only thing she can feel right now.

" Bhabhi," Ziya called Aurin and she immediately wiped away her tears.

Forcing a smile on her face, Aurin said," Come, Ziya. Do you need anything?"

" You are still upset by bhai's behaviour?" Ziya questioned holding Aurin's hands and she looked down.

Taking a deep breath, Ziya started explaining," Don't take his words in your heart, Bhabhi. He is always rude and straightforward. Not only towards you. He is like that to everyone. He doesn't think about others' feelings before saying anything to anyone. He doesn't even think before talking to Baba(father) as well. Among my 3 brothers, he is the coldest and rudest of all."

" I am not others Ziya. I am his wife. If my cooking was bad then he could have told me in private so that I can improve myself but..........." Aurin didn't finish her sentence and tears started threatening to fall from her eyes.

This time Ziya squeezed Aurin's hands softly and said trying to convince her," But, Bhai is good from his heart. He doesn't show his feelings so easily but he surely cares for his loved ones. You will understand it very soon."

Aurin just hummed when Ziya said," And, about cooking? Your cooking was fabulous. It's just bhai is too picky about food and that's why he didn't like the sudden change. Moreover, our taste buds aren't the same."

Hearing her Aurin was a little convinced but still, his rough behaviour was hurting her. After thinking for some time she didn't drag this matter anymore and let it go.

" You won't believe bhabhi, one day bhai insulted me in front of my friends. I did smokey eye make-up for the first time and he said that I was looking like a witch. He said it in front of my friends and I was so embarrassed," Ziya complained and Aurin looked at her with wide eyes.

Making an angry face, Aurin said," How mean!!!"

" Well, after that he has to take me to shop for the next 30 days and I literally bought the whole shopping mall," She answered proudly and giggled. Aurin just smiled a little.

After talking for some time Ziya said to Aurin," Bhabhi, I have to go to college now. See you later."

" Sure," Aurin agreed when Ziya left the room.

Walking towards the window Aurin started thinking about Ziya's words about Mikaeel. She was hurt but then she thought to try harder to have a normal conversation with Mikaeel. Their relationship won't improve if they don't get to know each other. They won't understand each others' feelings if they don't interact.

Taking a deep breath Aurin mumbled," I have to try harder."

Hours passed and it was lunchtime. Aurin had her lunch with her in-laws but she was just thinking about Mikaeel. His thoughts were occupying her mind every time she tried to concentrate on something else.

" Did he has his lunch? Should I call him and ask?" Aurin thought worriedly looking at her phone screen.

She doesn't know why she is caring for him. Maybe he is her husband and she should care for him. Maybe she has feelings for him because she is bound with him by a holy bond like marriage.