The Beginning - Chapter 8

-Grays POV-

I stared at the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.
And it was her.
"(Y-Y/N)..!?" I stuttered. She looked absolutely gorgeous. Her hair, lips, dress, every part of her was perfect. For some reason my heart ached, my face flustered and my body heat rose.

"Gray.." She said gazing at me. The host looked in-between us and smiled,
"I'll give you two a minute." And left. Then Juvia's words rang through my ears.
"Look, I don't know why, but Juvia said you wanted to crush her dreams, you treated her rudely and-" I was cut off by her,
"What..? J-Juvia said what?..." Her eyes clouded with sadness and her cheeks lost color, her shoulders slumped and her eyes dulled, as if her heart been broken.

"Juvia...I thought...all humans...were so nice...was father right?.." She said almost to herself. Her eyes watered, and I couldn't help but go up to her.
"(Y/N), you never said any of that, did you..." I say placing my hand on her shivering shoulder. Then she burst into tears and ran into my body. Taken aback I looked at the sobbing girl on me and I wrap my hands around her.
"Why-why would she say that..? I thought we were friends..." Anger boiled in my veins, I'll ask Juvia for answers, how could she?! Lie to my face about an innocent girl, who'd spent her whole life wanting to be human, only to be backstabbed by one.

"It's okay..." I whisper, placing some loose hair behind her ears.
"Hey...we came out here for fun right?" She looked up at me,
"Why don't we continue our date?" I say flashing a smile. Through tears she did too,
"Y-Yeah, let's!" She chirped and hugged me one more time. This time, I let my heart flutter.

After ordering our food and appetizers, we talked about our lives and interests, I told her about Ur, and Lyon, not to mention the Deliora incident, while she told me her dreams, and troubles down in the sea.

"So you're an actual Princess?" I ask through mouthfuls.
"Yeah, but I never really saw myself as one. I just wanted to be normal, ya know?" She responded, while chewing her food.
"I feel ya." I say.
Suddenly we lock eyes and laugh at our 'manners'. Even the people around us gave us disgusted looks, but we didn't care, all that mattered was us and nothing but us. The more we talked, the more I liked her as a friend. But why do I feel like being friends isn't enough..? I shake away the thought and continue laughing with (Y/N).

-

Agatha watched carefully at this Gray fellow and laughed,
"He reminds me of Tedros. Stubborn and strong, yet warm and soft." She smiled as she remembered the moments she and her prince spent together.

"Gray really is a Prince..." But just as Agatha thought (Y/N) would find her happy ending with Gray, she frowned when she saw in the crystal ball, a blue headed girl watching, from across the room. Suddenly Agatha remembered- a Fairy Tale can't end with out 'The End'. And with the witch in the way, (Y/N) was far from it.