Chapter 3

B R E A T H   O F   J U N E
A story written by Belilanca_

---

H i s  D i a r y

---

‘I wished your name would slip perfectly at my lips.’

I couldn’t suppress a smile thinking about my instagram status.

Everybody’s asking who I am talking about with that post, but nah that’s none of their business anymore.

“Noah, pare!”

Tinanguan ko si Job, teammate ko matapos nitong magpaalam. Katatapos lang ng basketball practice and I am free to go.

Girls were busy looking at my direction, as if wishing for me to take a glimpse of them. I snorted and look for Darrick instead.

“Darrick!” I called, he gave me his irritated look. “Later!”

Mas lalong napuno ng iritasyon ang mukha nito dahilan para mapatawa ako.

I’ve been visiting their house for 4 days now. I just can’t get enough of her. I want to meet her in person instead of just seeing her from a far.

“Ano bang mayroon sa’min at gustong gusto mo ron?” Nagtataka niyang tanong nang magkasabay kaming maglakad papalabas ng shower room. “Don’t tell me you like one of our maids at home?”

I gave him a what-the-hell-look, he laughed at my reaction.

“Ba’t ba ayaw mo ‘ko sa inyo?” Balik kong tanong. “Don’t worry, I may like someone, but not your maid.”

His lips parted in shock, can’t believe at what I revealed.

“Y-You like someone?” I nodded. “Woah.. that’s interesting! Who might be the lucky girl? Is she the girl you’re talking about on your post?”

I tapped his shoulder.

“You’ll find out if I got the chance to meet her.”

“Oh.. so you haven’t met her? I’m confused, dude!”

I rolled my eyes at inayos ang pagkakabitbit sa duffel bag.

“I saw her, but she haven’t saw me yet.”

I tapped my cigarette at the ashtray while watching the certain house in a distance.
Just like the usual, I am inside Darrick’s attic.

Wala dito ang gago dahil may hinahabol itong deadline mamayang 11:59 pm.

Yeah I have vices and one of them is smoking, but I am using it moderately. Good for me, unlike before when I was still uncontrollable. 

I held the telescope and take a look of her.

“What are you writing, babe?” I murmured, as if she can hear me.

A smile crept on my lips when I saw her, still wearing her dark shades.

“She’s really fond of wearing shades huh?” I said that to myself. “I can buy 20 of that if you want.”

She’s now sitting at her study table, writing something in a book. I can’t help but to get curious what she’s writing by now.

I may look like a creepy stalker, but heck this is the very first time I’m doing this! Kung siya lang din naman ang papanuorin ay handa akong magsayang ng oras.

I unconsciously put the used cigarette at the ashtray when I saw something on her face. 

She's crying.

Tila kinurot ang puso ko habang pinapanood ang mga luha na mahulog sa sinusulatan niyang libro.

Dear Diary,

Tonight I am looking at a different star, my own kind of star.. who is her. Here I thought I’ll be relaxed watching her, but turns out damned when I started feeling pangs seeing her tears. Why is she in tears? I badly wanna know. Now I don’t care if her name would perfectly slip on my lips, I just wished for her to feel okay.

Love, Noah
××××××