Chapter 5

B R E A T H   O F   J U N E
A story written by Belilanca_

---

H i s  D i a r y

---

June.. is my name.

Her name is as beautiful as her smile. I could still remember how her lips smiles after I gave her the first note.

Those smile still lingers on my head and reaches even in my dreams. Nakakahiya mang pakinggan, but I think I am loving the idea of her in my arms.

“So whipped!"

I rolled my eyes at Lucia, my elder sister. She's already in college taking up mass communication. Suits her talkative big mouth!

“Shut up, Lu."

I received a hard hit from her. Yeah right, she's always been the violent sister especially if I don't call her ate.

“Ang tigas ng mukha mo, tsong! Na-in love ka lang ganiyan kana ah!" Pumamewang pa siya sa harapan ko. “And who's the unlucky girl aber?"

I scratch my temple.

“None of your business, Lu. Get the hell out of my room!" Asik ko sa kaniya.

Muli ay nakatanggap na naman ako ng batok. Ang hard talaga ng babaeng 'to.

“Saan na iyong ipinangako mo kay mommy na magiging gentle kana sa mga girls?! Kung sa'kin nga hindi mo magawa! Huwag ka nalang mag girlfriend!"

I calm myself.

“Fine, sorry. Can you please lower down your voice, ate? I can't focus."

Umirap siya sa kawalan. Kung nagkataong nandirito si mommy ay baka pinagsabihan na kami non.

Mom's a single parent of us two. She raised us alone after dad passed away when I was still young.

She sat at the edge of my mattress, with her usual sophisticated face she watch over me.

“So what are you making?"

I sighed and show her some samples of my DIY.

“I am making a paper flowers. I've already watched YouTube but this shit is so hard to make!"

She chuckled upon hearing my burst out. Yeah right, she's not just violent, but also sarcastic and.. mapang-asar.

“Kawawa ka naman," tumayo siya mula sa pagkakaupo at tumabi sa akin sa harap ng study table. “Finally you've changed.. well, a bit, but at least you changed from a what the fuck man to a kind gentleman hahaha."

Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin.

“Are you here to destroy my mood or you're here to help me?"

“Kidding! Give me a piece of that and let me show you how it should be done, brother."

Gaya ng sinabi niya ay ipinakita nga niya sa akin kung paano gawin ang rose flower gamit ang makukulay na papel.

Unlike YouTube, she's making it more easier for me to understand. Hindi nagtagal ay nakagawa na rin ako ng hindi na tumitingin pa sa kaniya.

I am planning to create 12 roses and put it in a bouquet. I don't know why, but I just wanted to give June a present.

“So her name is June?" Lucia asked.

I nodded and smiled.

“Yeah, pretty isn't it?"

Ngumiti din siya at tumango. Bagay na nakakagulat dahil siya iyong tipong lahat nalang ng ginugusto ko ay inaayawan.

“Of course, pretty and cool." Sang ayon niya. “I won't contradict anymore because I can see that she's a good influence."

“Pansin mo din?"

“Of course! You're like a different person because of her! You also realized how important efforts more than those expensive gifts dahil kita mo nga naman, you're making that even if you can afford expensive flowers out there."

Maliit akong ngumiti.

“I hope you won't change anymore."

...

‘Can you come down?' I wrote at the wide illustration board.

Just like the usual, I am inside Darrick's attic. Nakasanayan kona rito.

Every after class I came straight here, and on weekends I stayed at their house to keep in touch with June.

‘Why?' she responded.

I smiled unconsciously seeing how cute she is in her baby pink t-shirt. Still with her shades on.

‘I have a present for you.'

It took her a minute to response. My lips parted in disbelief when I saw her showing me the thumbs up.

‘Just leave it behind our door. I'll take it when you get back at the attic.'

Dear Diary,

She's still afraid to see me five feet apart, but I'll do everything for her to want me near her. This is getting interesting.. my heart's slowly falling... for June.

Love, Noah.
×××××