Stay!!!!

As we walked to the Owl House, Luz asked me, "What did you say to Ed, by the way? He kept on shooting you looks." 

I sighed. "I shouldn't have said anything.."  

"What did you say?" Luz asked again. 

"I just told him about what it was like in the Emperor's coven." I said, shrugging. 

"Is it that bad there?" Luz asked. 

"Well... it's not great.." I said. "But.. I think I'm gonna go back soon. You know what? I'm going back right now. If I don't go now I never will." Every second I spent here, the more going back to the coven seemed to be a bad idea.

"What? No! You can't just leave! You'll be better here!" Luz said. 

"I'm leaving." I said sternly. "I just need to grab Rascal and get out." 

"Not if I get you first." Luz said, getting ready to run. 

I immediately took off towards the Owl House, Luz right behind me. 

"You're not leaving!" Luz shouted. 

"Yes I am!" I yelled back. 

Once I reached the Owl House, I kicked open the door and shouted. "Rascal! Time to go!" 

King fell of the couch, and Eda jumped. "Woah, kid, where're you going?" 

"I'm leaving." I said quickly as Rascal morphed into a staff. I went to grab him, but before I could, Luz literally jumped onto me, and we both fell to the ground. 

"Get off of me!" I said, trying to shove her away. 

"You can't leave!" Luz yelped, tackling me. 

"Woah! Calm down, kid." Eda drew a circle with her staff, and we were both lifted into the air, far away from each other, though Luz was still trying to grab me. "Ok, lemme get this straight. Hunter, you're trying to leave, and Luz, you're trying to stop him?" 

"Yeah! He's better off here!" Luz said. 

"Let me go!" I said. 

"Ok.. well on one hand.. Hunter should have the free choice of when he wants to leave.." Eda said.

"Yes. Thank you." I said. 

"But.. on the other hand.. it would obviously be better for Hunter if he were to stay here." She said. 

"See what I mean?" Luz said. 

"Luz.. sorry, but we can't make him stay." Eda said. 

"What? Why not?" Luz asked. 

"It's his choice. No matter how stupid of a choice it may be, we have to respect it." 

"Thank you. Can I leave now?" I asked.

"...fine." Eda sighed. "But.. if you ever need a place to stay, my door's always open." She tapped her staff on the ground and Luz and I fell. I grabbed Rascal. 

"Alright. See you around. And.. tell Ed that it was nice to meet him." I said, before taking off.