who wants to start a kikimora hate club?

"Golden Guard, I-" She stared at me for a second before saying, "Is that a palisman?"

"I- Uh..." I hesitated. What was I supposed to say?

"I don't suppose the Emperor is aware?" Kikimora asked, triumph in her voice. She had caught me. She had found a way to replace me. There was no way she was gonna pass up an opportunity like this.

Before I could react she drew a red circle in the air and flicked it at Rascal, who appeared in her hands. She took off towards the Emperor's throne room.

I sprinted after her. "Wait! Kikimora!"

"It's over for you, Golden Guard." Kikimora said with a grin. She opened the door and marched into the room. I bolted after her, and dove for Rascal. I was able to grab him, but it also sent me tumbling right before Belos. Great.

"What is going on?" He asked. He looked down at me, where I was lying on the floor clutching my palisman. "Is that a palisman?"

"Uh.. I- I-" I started to inch backwards, but I heard the door slam behind me.

"I found the Golden Guard talking to it in his room." Kikimora said.

"Hunter? Is this true? Have you been keeping this from me all this time?" Belos looked at me.

I hesitated before saying, "Yeah. Because you would've taken him for yourself."

"You know wild magic is banned here." Belos said.

"It shouldn't be. Honestly, it's so much better than the controlled magic we use. And you don't have to have magic to use it! And.. you get a new friend." Rascal sat himself on my shoulder. 

"Hunter, this is clouding your brain. This magic is forbidden for a reason. To keep us all-" 

"United, right?" I said. I had never cut him off like that. "You just want control. You're scared that wild magic is gonna take over, and that you'll have nothing. And.. you probably will have nothing. But.. If you were to allow wild magic, maybe we could figure something out. Wild magic is amazing. And it's a lot stronger." 

Belos stared at me for a second. I don't think he had ever heard me say so much in defiance before.

"Well, if it is a lot stronger.." He stood up and picked up his staff. Before I realized, he shot a blast of red light at me. Right in time, Rascal turned into a staff and blocked it. "Prove it." 

"Woah! What?" I could barely think; he fired at me so rapidly. I tried to make a run for the door, but Kikimora blocked my path. She looked the happiest I had seen in weeks. "Screw you." I muttered. 

I decided that I would just have to get rid of her. I fired a bolt at her, and she jumped out of the way, burning a hole right through the door. 

I sprinted through, and ran down the corridors. I had to grab my bag, since it had a couple things I didn't want to lose. I figured that once I got out of here they would burn my stuff. I bolted to my room, grabbed my half-packed bag, and tried to make a run for it. 

Before I could make it to the window, I felt something burning on me. It felt like it was coming from my wrist. I tore off my glove, where the emperor's symbol was glowing against my skin. This was bad. 

The pain intensified as I heard Kikimora behind me. "Looks like you're not going anywhere." I fell to my knees at spots dance in my vision, and as the pain became so unbearable, I could barely feel Rascal right in front of me, trying to nudge me to keep going. The next thing I knew my vision went black.