bonus part: I call dibs!!

Disclaimer: I am still a strong believer in Hunter x Ed, but I thought this might be funny.

Amity's POV 

I sat in my brother and sister's room as Em painted my nails. 

"Guys, do you think my hair looks okay like this?" Ed asked, running his fingers through his hair. 

"You haven't changed your hair since the second grade. I think you're good." Em said, shaking the bottle of nail polish aggressively. 

"Why would you want to change it, anyways? It's not like you're undergoing some serious change in your life. Right?" I said. 

"Well... you changed your hair right as you met Luz, right?" Em confirmed. "Ed probably has a crush." 

"What? No I don't!" Ed said. 

"You have a crush on the Golden Guard, right?" I asked. Em frowned and glanced at Ed silently.

"Well.. I-uh.. he's cute.. I guess..." He admitted. 

Em folded her arms. "Uh.. no. I saw him first. I get dibs." 

"What? No you didn't! I saw him first! I call dibs!" Ed said. 

"You both saw him at the same time. I was there." I said. 

"Ok, but he likes me better." Ed folded his arms. 

"No he doesn't! He just hasn't had the chance to talk to me yet!" Em said. She stood up and faced her brother. I sat back and watched. 

"Well then you should've talked to him then!" 

"I would've if you weren't hogging him!" 

"I wasn't hogging him! He wanted to talk to me!" 

"No he didn't! I have proof!" 

"Take your proof and shove it up your-" 

"Guys!" I yelled. "What if.. you go ask him? Have him choose between the two of you." 

The two exchanged looks before saying in unison, "To the Owl House!" 

Five minutes later, we arrived, where Luz, King, Eda, and Hunter sat in the front yard.

"Amity!" Luz said. I waved and smiled. "What's going on?" 

I landed my palisman next to her and said, "Just watch." We both looked to Ed and Em, who were already talking to Hunter. 

"Oh! Hey guys." Hunter said, smiling. He definitely had a crush on Ed, but I wanted to see this go down. 

"Hunter, we need your help." Em said.

"With what?" Hunter asked. 

"Ok. So.. there's this guy. And the two of us want to ask him out." Ed explained. 

"Who do you think should get to ask him out?" Em asked. 

"Whoever saw him first, I guess?" Hunter said, shrugging. 

"We saw him at the same time." Ed said. 

"Maybe... let the person ask out whoever they like more..." Hunter suggested. 

Ed and Em exchanged looks. "Alright. I can live with that." Ed said smugly. 

"Who is this guy anyways?" Hunter asked. 

Ed shrugged. "I don't think you know 'em." 

"Yeah, probably not." Em said. 

"Which of us would you ask out if you were the guy?" Ed asked. 

The tips of Hunter's ears went red. "I-I dunno!" 

"It's not like we'll get mad. We're just curious." Em said. 

"Uh... maybe Ed. I'm kind of more into guys, anyways..." Hunter said, his face completely red. 

Em stomped the ground. "Dang it!" 

"Ha! You see, dear sister. I have the charm." Ed boasted. Then he put an arm around Hunter and said, "Anyways, we lied. You're the guy. Wanna go out some time?" 

"Wait, what?" Hey, I thought only my face got that red when I was flustered. 

Luz gasped. "Romance." 

"Do you?" 

"..sure. I always saw this one sushi place whenever I scouted, but I never got to go in." Hunter suggested. 

"Oh! The one by the potions shop. They have good food there. Let's go!" Ed took out his palisman and they left, leaving a very defeated looking Em sitting there. 

"Aw, Em, I'm sorry." Luz said, putting a hand on her shoulder. 

"It's fine." She grinned suddenly. "But how do I get him back for this?" 

"Luz, this is the part where we step back." I warned, feeling the pranking energy radiating from my older sister. 

"I'm gonna be at home." Em, said, taking off with newfound optimism.

"Anyways, is it ok if I stay a little while?" I asked.

"Yes!" Luz said.