8

I sit in the waiting room waiting for my weekly check up, it's only been a few weeks since I woke up but it's insisted that they check up on me.  I think it's ridiculous they're wasting their time really I'm fine I'm doing what they asked for even if I don't want to do stupid therapy,I go anyway. I have a job now with an old man that wants to make quick cash off of my family and his- and his grandson he isn't so bad.

Actually I have been spending a lot of time with Nikolai. he's really nice I don't feel everything that I do when I'm with him. I feel laughter, he always makes me laugh. We talk together on my grandma's cell phone all the time because I haven't had the courage to open up mine yet but it's getting inconvenient and I might- I don't know.

One of the front desk ladies comes up to me and my aunt Helen. "You don't have to go in the back we can take only Valentina."she explains as my aunt Helen decides to stay behind in the waiting area which shocks me. I follow the nurse as I glance back at my aunt and she motions me to go on. I follow the nurse she makes me wait outside of a room.

I sit out in the hall on a chair as I fiddle with my fingers, I glance up as people pass me by and I see a young boy with a walker, probably going through physical therapy as a nurse guides him. She is blocking him out of my view but I feel pity for him, from what I can tell he looks young and thin. "There you go, almost at the vending machine" I hear the nurse cheer him on.

Curiosity gets the best of me as I continue to watch them. "Marissa can we take a short break?" I hear his familiar voice ask while out of breath. My gut twists and turns and does backflips he sounds just like Alexei but older.

" oh come on you're almost there remember it's about pushing through the limits we're almost there remember if you make it through one try I'll get you a snack of your choice, you know how nasty the hospital food can be, especially the desert jello." She encourages. "Yuck, don't even mention the jello" I hear the familiar voice say in disgust.

"Oh look your shoe is untied," the nurse says as they stop in front of me. The nurse goes and ties his shoe and I can see him in full frame. My face beats red as my heart races like a race car. My eyes widen and I am frozen. His icy crystal eyes look over to me and are as stunned as me. I open my mouth but nothing comes out, my mouth is dry. "Vani?" He says lightly in disbelief. I close my mouth, "Alyosha?" I stutter. I am in utter shock, I can't move. Without paying mind to the nurse tying his shoe he starts his walker in my direction.

in a quick manner he starts walking to me, the nurse gasps out of shock as she's almost trampled by his walker. as he gets to me I stand up frozen not being able to hug him back as he lets go of his walker and wraps his arms around me tightly. I feel the tears streaming down my face as he hugs me he is my home, what I have left over from it. I'm not crazy everything I saw was real, I'm not crazy, I don't need therapy he's really here in my arms. I let more of my tears flow as the nurse just stands in shock at the situation but I pay her no mind as I'm crying.

I finally get the strength to hug him back and he's still skinny but I can tell he's been treated because he's gained a little more mass on his bones I hug him tightly but not enough to hurt him but enough for me to know that he is here in my arms that everything I experienced was real and I'm not crazy and I finally have A piece of my family back. "Oh Alyosha" I sob.

"Shhh Vanya I'm here" he soothes me. But I also can hear the cracks in his voice he must've been so scared and I wasn't there for him. I thought I was imagining seeing him that day. He must've been so scared not knowing where he is and how things are and what they put him through the last few weeks he has been here.

" and what is going on here?" I hear the nurse that was taking care of me say. Alexei and I pull away and I just stare at him he looks so much older he is probably looking around 16 or 17 years old he's in a hospital gown and he looks ill but not as bad as he did before. " look at you!" I say with tears streaming down my face. Those words mean many things, look at you, you're doing so much better! look at you why are you here in 2022?

"Alexei I-," before I could finish my sentence a nurse cuts in. "Alexis how do you know this girl you said that you don't recall knowing anyone. As the records shows you're not related to anyone either." His therapy nurse comments. "Because we are classmates" I quickly cut in. "He is like my little brother" I say to them as they exchange glances. " well whatever is going on here will be resolved after your appointment" my nurse says.

" I will be able to see him right?!" I start to say in a panic. " yes during visiting hours that are allowed but you will see him after the appointment because we have some things to speak about with your aunt." The nurse explains. I nod my head and let go of his hand. He gives me an encouraging smile before we are forced to go our separate ways.

***
I get taken to another part of the hospital I'm not familiar with I follow the nurse anxious to see him. So many questions go through my mind but really they're put aside due to the fact that he's here he's here with me and more of my mind is filled with worry about him there's no file about his parents and the hospital won't keep him long for free, he will be taken away to foster care.

And that whole system is a mess and I can't lose him not now especially we have to figure this all out, how did we get here, how to get home, how to get him home. We stopped by a hospital room with the number 2018 on it. I walk in to find Alexei laying in a hospital bed sitting up while eating the hospital food provided. the TV is on and some random history channel fills the screen.

"Vanya!" He says with his mouth full as I smile and take a seat next to him, " hi Alyosha" I smile as he swallows his food. " we need to talk" I say in a more serious tone he sits up even more and looks at me as I start to talk, "Alexei how did you get here? tell me what's the last thing you remembered? and how do you know me?"

" well to start you are my sister Valentina you are my third eldest sister right after Olga and Tatiana. The last thing I remember was I was going to bed and I woke up here not in this facility but I was near this area I was laying very weakly on a bench and I tried to stand up and I fell. Some people nearby noticed my excessive bleeding and they somehow got the ambulances to arrive and they took me here. What is this place Valentina? I know it's a hospital but this is not 1918" he explains.

I hold his hand, " this is the year 2o22 we are over 100 years away from where we are supposed to be. I don't know why we're here I don't know how we got here. I don't know why this all led up to you coming with me because you don't belong in this time, maybe I still do but you've never been here before."

" even with all these questions this is the modern world we are in the future we are in my hometown this is the world I knew before I woke up in 1912 and everyone thought I was crazy. But I promise you I'm gonna get us home, i'm gonna get you home."

" I believe in you Vanya. And you were never crazy I never thought you were but there's a magical colorful box on the wall and I was watching this program that talks about all the modern things going on in the world and there was a segment that included Russia, I think it was about us and I think you should look at it because maybe it can help and I am limited to looking at anything and I frankly do not know how to use anything." He explains.

" don't worry I'm gonna go look for it the minute I get home" I squeeze his hand. " I am just so happy to see you I felt so alone without you especially with all of the strange new settings around me." He pauses, " The red guards they they can't recognize me right? the commons people they won't recognize me either, right?" He asks me worriedly. " don't worry all that happened so long ago and we aren't in Russia we are in America. You are safe here" I promise him.

The look of relief on his face from words me as a nurse walks in with my aunt Helen, " Valentina it's time to go" she says with a blank expression on her face. " wait but-," she cuts me off "we're going now."

" i'll be back I promise" I say to Alexei before leaving.

A/N
Thank you so much for 1k! I am so happy to finally release this chapter of the book! Hope you enjoyed it! Next chapter coming soon!

Back Through Time With You (SEQUEL of Ttewy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें