Prologue

I wake up to the sound of beeping. My view is blurry but as it becomes clear, I sit confused by my surroundings until I realize I am in a hospital room. I feel tubs go up my nose. My instincts are to wrap my arms around my stomach instead there is a feeding tube and instead of my gown it is replaced by a hospital one. I hold in my urge to scream, that didn't help much when I woke up in 1912. I look around the room, it looks as if I were in another time. Everything is so modern and not at all the 1910s. Maybe I'm in a modern hospital? I'm sure there is an explanation for all of this.

I try to get up but remember I'm hooked up to multiple tubes, damn it. What happened? How did I end up in the hospital? Where are my sisters? Where is my brother? I look around I don't know what to do. There is a remote on the table next to me. I guess I can turn on the color box. They have color boxes? Where am I? I accidentally drop the color box controller and I think it accidentally pressed a button because nurses come rushing in, well they don't look like nurses.

Actually they are very under clothed. They have a shirt and pants that match color and have hair in ponytails. "Oh my god! Oh my god!" One of them stutters as the other one yells, "Don't just stand there!". They quickly hold me down as they start checking things as a third medical person stands in the doorway and then just leaves! "Stop! Let me go!" I yell at the medical people as they continue to hold me down as my heart rate goes up.

They give me some shot, I feel the needle injected into my skin as it calms me down. I sit back and just stare off into nothing as their talking is blurred into the background, "Tatiana?" I mumble, "Is Tatiana here?" I look at one of the staff that is doing something to the machines next to me. I grow tired again and shut my eyes, dozing off into sleep.