PROLOGUE: FIRE AND ADOPTION

(A/N: Hi guys LunaWu here! So I waited for everyone's approval for this project, and as a result, I decided to publish it! I haven't decided on my book cover yet, and it's in work of progress. So here's the Prologue, and please enjoy the chapter.)

____________________________________________________________________

- THIRD-PERSON VIEW -

Hell

The City was burning in flames. Destroyed Buildings, shops, and houses. Screams of the citizens are everywhere. Dead bodies were scattered on the ground. Some were squashed by debris. It was literal hell. And in the middle of all that was two children walking in that Chaos.

 And in the middle of all that was two children walking in that Chaos

(A/N: Imagine this and replace them with boy and girl.)

Two children walk side by side, holding each other. The little boy wandered while holding hands and covering his sister's eyes. The little girl held her brother tightly while her brother covered her eyes, but she could get a glimpse of dead bodies.

"Don't look." The boy said to his sister and covered her eyes.

"Mhm." She nodded as they continued to walk. "Uwah!" But she tripped and made a scratch on her knee. "Waaaahhhh!!!" Then she started crying. Her brother kneeled at her level.

"Shhh... It's okay. It's okay." He said while he was trying to calm her down. He tore his sleeve and wrapped it on her wound. "If we find some help, then we'll treat it quickly. So don't-"

While talking, he saw a hand right beside her sister that must have what she tripped by. He was panicking on the inside. Her sister noticed his sudden change in expression. She turned her head to see what he was staring at. But was stopped by his brother.

"You know what? I'll give you a piggyback ride." He said with a smile, trying to make her look away from the corpse.

"O-okay." She said with a sad smile. She knew that he was trying to avoid looking at what he was staring at. Her brother turned around and let her ride his back.

"Come on." He offered. She nodded and rode his back, wrapping her arms around his neck. He stood while holding her legs. "You can sleep while I'm carrying you."

"Okay." As she fell asleep on his back.

He continued to walk while carrying his sister. He's been walking for hours as he began to feel dizzy. His vision became blurry, and he collapsed to the ground. This made the little girl wake up and see her brother lying on the ground. She approached him and started to shake him.

"Onii-chan? Onii-chan! Onii-chan!!!" She shouted, trying to wake him up as her eyes started to tear up.

But he didn't answer.

She was panicking. She doesn't know what to do. She continued to shake him with much force, but he wouldn't wake up as her tears ran down her cheeks.

"P-please, please wake up." She looked up and started to look around. "HELP!!! Somebody help! Please!!!" She cried for help. "Anybody!" But to no avail. "Mama! Papa!"