CHAPTER 1: FAMILY AND QUIRK

- THIRD-PERSON POV AT THE EINZBERN CASTLE -

Kiritsugu took the two kids to the Einzbern Castle, surrounded by a forest.

"This place is so creepy," Itsuki said while looking at the trees. Kiritsugu just laughed nervously. Well, he can't help it. He lives in a freaking forest. Because it was Einzbern's property, he had no choice but to live here.

'I should talk to my wife about moving out.' Kiritsugu thought. They arrived at the castle and got out of the car. The two children were amazed by the size of their home.

"WOW!!" The children said in unison.

"Is this your house?!" The little girl asked.

"Yes, it's OUR house." Kiritsugu chuckled.

"Wow!" She exclaimed.

"So big!" Her brother said.

Kiritsugu went to their eight-foot double doors and held one of the doorknobs. He faced the red-haired children.

"Shall we?" He asked, and they both nodded. He opened the door and revealed a grand staircase.

"WOW!!" The children said in unison again.

"This place is even more amazing than the outside!" Shirou exclaimed.

"Kiritsugu~!" They heard Irisviel coming downstairs.

"Huh?" The siblings said.

They saw Irisviel coming their way, and Illya followed suit.

"Welcome home~!" She hugged him when she came downstairs.

"Iri," Kiritsugu said to his wife. Irisviel pulled away from the hug and clasped her fingers together.

"Ah, sorry, Kiritsugu. I was just so excited to meet them." His wife said.

"Uh um." Itsuki couldn't form words. So Shirou decided to be the one to ask.

"Um, who are they?"

"Oh right." He faced the two clueless children and gestured to his wife and daughter. "This is my wife, Irisviel, my daughter Illyasviel."

Irisviel kneeled on their level and smiled.

"Nice to finally meet you. My name is Irisviel von Einzbern, but you can call me Iri, or you would prefer to call "Mama. " She greeted them. Before Shirou could introduce himself, Itsuki interrupted him.

"Pretty..." Itsuki thought and said out loud without realizing it. She was staring at her, amazed by her beauty.

"Hehehe. Thank you, dear." Irisviel giggled. Itsuki realized what she had done.

"I'm sorry." She apologized.

"It's alright, dear." She petted her head and pulled back her hand away. "So, may I know your names?" She asked.