CHAPTER 6: TRAINING

"Young man. You, too, can become a hero."

For years, Izuku Midoriya had dreamed of becoming a hero but was told time and again that it was an impossible dream. Despite being so discouraged, he never gave up and he remained determined to reach his goal. There was only one person who had ever believed in him, his childhood friend Itsuki Emiya. Itsuki's words of encouragement kept Midoriya motivated and reminded him that even when everyone else said no, he still had someone in his corner.

Years later, Midoriya's dreams were finally realized when his own idol, All Might, offered to make him his successor. Hearing All Might's words of approval and acknowledgment meant so much to him, and it was a dream come true for Midoriya. After all these years, someone finally believed in him and saw the potential he had to become a hero. All Might's words of affirmation were a powerful reminder to Midoriya that even when the odds seemed insurmountable, there was still someone who believed in him and his dream of becoming a hero.

"You really did it, I'm proud of you." 

Itsuki said, kneeling down to Midoriya's level and placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. Itsuki gently smiled and gave him a warm hug, letting Midoriya know that it was okay to let out all the emotions he had been suppressing.

Midoriya's tears began to flow freely as he let out all the feelings that had been building up inside of him. All the fear, doubt, and insecurity that had been weighing him down for so long were melting away, replaced by the newfound confidence in himself and his abilities. Itsuki continued to hold him tightly, encouraging him and letting him know that she was proud of him and that he could do anything he set his mind to.

Midoriya eventually pulled away, his cheeks still wet with tears, but his eyes now shining with a newfound strength. Itsuki smiled and gave him a reassuring pat on the back, a silent gesture of support that was all it took for Midoriya to finally understand how far he had come and how proud he should be of himself.

"I deem you worthy of my power. My Quirk is yours to inherit."

Both youngsters were in awe of the No. 1 Hero, standing before them. They stood there, looking at him in bewilderment, unsure of what he was trying to tell them.

"Uh?"

"Huh?"

"Fouuuu???

"Wait. What do you mean inherit? Inherit what?" Midoriya asked in awe.

"You should see your face right now. Don't worry, I'm not gonna force this thing on you." All Might started laughing at them. "Listen well, young man. This is your choice. Do you wanna accept my awesome power or not? — *BLEUGHH*" He coughed blood after shouting so hard.

Both youngsters were wondering what the No. 1 Hero trying to say.

"I wasn't born with this power. It's a sacred torch that was passed on to me from someone else." All Might decided to tell them the truth about his Quirk, something he had kept hidden until now. He began by explaining that his Quirk was not something he was born with, but something he had acquired by a transfer of power. He went on to explain that he had received this power from the previous wielder of the Quirk.

"Someone gave you this Quirk? No way." Midoriya commented.

"Yes, way. And you're next. I can give you my abilities."