CHAPTER ONE; everyone adores you (at least i do)

"everybody thinks of you when they sleep at night
when i say everybody i'm actually referring to me"

y/n's pov

"Wes, come on." I groaned, shaking my boyfriend's arm slightly.

Wes' alarm had been beeping for the past two minutes and didn't seem like he was going to turn it off anytime soon.

I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes before leaning over and grabbing Wes' phone to turn off the obnoxious beeping noise it was making.

I put the phone down and leaned down, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"Come on, Wes, wake up, dumbass."

He rolled over and faced me with a smile. "Good morning."

"Took you long enough."

Wes laughed before he got up and ran a hand through his now messy hair as he yawned. He walked over to his closet and changed into a blue t-shirt while I grabbed clothes from my bag to get dressed.

As I tied my shoelaces, Wes walked out of his bathroom with his toothbrush in his mouth.

"Ood ee et eefoss?"

"What?" I chuckled and Wes lifted a finger like a number one. He walked back into the bathroom.

"Should we get breakfast?" He repeated, this time without toothpaste in his mouth.

"Sure." I said, standing up.

We walked downstairs, hand in hand, to find Judy sitting at the counter nursing a cup of coffee.

"Hey, mom." Wes opened the fridge and pulled out the milk while I grabbed two bowls from the cupboard.

"Wes, Y/N, we need to talk."

Wes and I shared a look, thinking this conversation was about something totally different.

"Okay..." Wes placed the milk on the counter and I set the bowls beside it as he reached for the Cheerios.

"Last night, Tara was attacked."

I stopped in my tracks, almost dropping the two spoons that I held in my hand.

"What? Wait. Is-- Is she okay?" I asked, putting the spoons down and giving Judy all of my attention.

"She will be." Judy spoke and Wes placed his hand on my shoulder. "It's pretty gruesome, but she'll survive."

"God." I let out a shaky breath.

"That's not all," Judy paused for a moment and took a breath. "We asked Tara a few questions and, apparently, the person who attacked her wore a Ghostface costume."

Wes ran a hand through his hair and let out a sigh. "Oh, god."

---

I sat on the table of the park bench we were sitting at with Amber and Mindy, Wes sitting on the bench beside my legs. He held his phone in his hands and dialed a number, but after getting no answer he left a text. Mere seconds later his phone began to ring.

He picked up.

"Sam? Uh, Tara... was attacked. She's alive but in bad shape. She was stabbed. She made it through surgery and the doctor said it went well. She's resting now." Wes paused for a moment.

"Look, I know you guys aren't on the best terms but-- She's gonna be okay, Sam. We'll see you soon. Yeah? It's probably better if you just come here." He sighed. "She said it was someone in a fucking Ghostface mask."