CHAPTER FIVE; my love mine all mine

"so, when i die, which i must do
could it shine down here with you?"

y/n's pov

Nothing. That's what I felt.

I had stopped crying about an hour ago and was now staring at the ceiling blankly. The sun had risen now and I didn't know what to do. I hadn't been able to sleep all night.

I couldn't stop thinking about him.

I picked up my phone to see multiple notifications from texts and random apps on my phone.

I clicked on the first notification and it took me to a news site.

"Woodsboro Sheriff murdered."

"Sheriff Judy Hicks (42) and her son Wesley Hicks (17) were found--"

I swiped off the app and deleted it. I didn't want to see that.

Wesley.

Wes.

My Wes.

I opened my texts. They were from the groupchat with my friends.

Yesterday 7:20 pm

mindy | guys
i have some bad news

chad | what else is new

mindy | wes is dead

chad | oh shit
like murdered dead?

mindy | yes dumbass

liv | omg
does y/n know?
is she okay?

mindy | she knows
she's really torn up about it
obviously

chad | so wes is dead?

mindy | YES.

I didn't bother reading the rest of the messages. I thought about replying, but left it. I didn't want to leave my bed. It hurt to move. I felt empty inside.

I did however read the most recent message at the bottom.

Today 8:13 am

chad | y/n are you coming tonight?
to amber's?
you don't have to
just asking

maybe | y/n

I knew if I did go it would probably be just another party except every time someone walked past me I would be told "I'm so sorry" and I hated the thought of that. I don't want some random kid's sympathy. I want my boyfriend to not be fucking dead.

---

I stood outside Amber's large farmhouse and sighed. Ever since I watched the first Stab movie, this house gave me the creeps.

There was music blasting inside and I could tell the house was crowded.

I walked up the porch steps with my hands in my sweater pockets and in the front door. I walked into the living room, hoping to see Liv, Chad, Mindy or Amber.

I then spotted the letters strung up from the ceiling, spelling out FOR WES in blue.

"Hey." I turned my head to see Liv.