Chapter 11

"Alright ladies, gather around. LaF, gents, you too." Coach Lawrence called around noontime at the beach. The adults had come early and set up the ring. Someone had set up four poles in the sand, and ropes connected them the same way it would look in a boxing match. Everyone was dressed out, Laura wore a light blue tshirt style rash guard, and black shorts. Carmilla as usual, was in all black. LaF was in dark blue and Danny was in the official Silas rash guard.

"We're going to be doing this Champion: school on school style, alright guys?" Coach asked. "Since she's the newbie, I'd like to start with Ms. Hollis for my first pick." Coach Lawrence says with a smirk.

"Will Eisen."

Carmilla made a sound like she had been punched in the gut.

"What's wrong, Carm?" Laura asks as she pulls on a pair of gloves.

"Will's my brother." She mutters.

"I'll be sure not to hurt him too badly then." Laura says cockily, finally in her element.

"No,please kick his ass as hard as you would like." Carmilla encourages, patting Laura's shoulder.

"Your wish is my command, fair lady." Laura replies with a cheeky grin, before running to jump into the ring to the sounds of cheers from all of the girls surrounding the makeshift stadium.

"Alright, just like in a normal tournament. Same rules, same points system, and same time limit." The Zeta coach reminded them all.

"Bow." Coach Lawrence said.

"Touch gloves." She ordered.

"And begin."

Will struck forward immediately with a turn swing kick aimed for the small girl’s head, his intent clearly to knock her out and be done with the match. Laura ducked automatically and lashed out with a hook to the stomach, when he blocked it, she leapt into a side kick aimed for his head that barely missed. He returned with an axe kick that would have broken Laura’s collar bone if she hadn’t caught it. Will’s face dropped when he realized that he was screwed. From the girl’s (And LaF’s) side of the ring, Carmilla winked at him when they made eye contact. Laura whips her body around and simultaneously tosses Will over her shoulder. He hits the sand hard, a puff of the fine grit spraying into the air around him. He coughs when he gets his bearings, as Laura backs away to give him some room to get up, accepting the point she was awarded with a serious nod.

Will’s face contorts with rage, knowing that he has as good as lost already. HE’s not even stood all of the way up before he is charging her, aiming his body for a tackle. He runs and Laura merely side-steps, and turns the kick into a turn crescent kick, forcing him face first into the sand.

“Break!” Coach Lawrence yells. Laura kindly offers Will a hand in getting up that he bats away before jumping out of the ring and stalking off to see Perry. All of the girls applauded such a quick win.