Chapter 4

It was the day of grand engagement. Whole Nigam Mansion was decorated with lights and flowers. People talking, having fun... Both Oberoi Family and Nigam Family with friends were present. Everyone seems like having fun. Siddharth and Ashi standing on the stage holding each other's hand. Ruhi standing with both of rings. There was positive vibe if you If you don't know them and see this you would probably think they both are so in love, but that was far away from reality.

Ashi's Outfit 🖕🖕

Ashi's Outfit 🖕🖕

Siddharth's outfit 🖕🖕

Ruhi's outfit🖕🖕

(you can imagine everyone else's outfit.)

Even though Ashi had smile on her face, she was getting nervous about what will happen and was also scared because of Avneet's plan. She was continuously praying to God that everything goes well. And her mood swings were making it more worse for her to control her emotions and anger.

On the other hand, Siddharth was calm. For him everything was already ended, he had enough betrayed in his life that he didn't expect anything good to happen anymore. For him his only goal was to give Ruhi a happy life and do everything for. He sighed looking at Ruhi's happy face. After all he agreed to marry for his princess. He and Ashi came to agreement that they will respect each other and never interfere in each others life. It was just a contract marriage to make both families happy. He looked at Ashi and hold her hand to assure her that it's OK.

Sid's pov...

I can't imagine I am getting engaged to someone who is not Avneet. Avneet was the only woman I thought about in my life and the only one whom I loved. It seems like I am betraying her by doing this... But I know she doesn't even care about me or anything except her. Why do I love her so much that I can't even imagine thinking about anyone else than her. But look I am getting married to her cousin.

Being a celebrity is hard, everyone keeps an eye on what you are doing. The media is always behind you and people want to know every single personal thing, even though it's none of their business. Media is portraying me and Ashi as power couple.... Sometimes I wonder wherever Avneet is, if she feels a little bit, only tint of jealousy seeing me and Ashi together. I sighed again.

I hate Avneet so much, but I just can't stop thinking about her... Only if she wasn't a traitor, a criminal... Only if she loved us truly... Maybe our life would have been much better.

I don't know why but I just can't stop thinking about her today, not that I don't think about her daily... But today it just feels different... As if she is somewhere near me, and at any moment she will show up and tell me everything was a lie, she still loves me. Ah! Siddharth why are you so petty... Stop thinking about that bitch... Did you forget she tried to kill you, your daughter... She doesn't even deserve to be anywhere in your memories and you are still hoping she is near you.

Pov ends...

“Guys it's time to exchange rings...” Abhishek said breaking Siddharth's trance of thoughts. Everyone cheered for couple as Ruhi went on stage with plate of ring.

Both were hesitating but after assurance of Siddharth, Ashi took ring in her hand and was about to put in of Siddharth's hand but stopped seeing there was already a ring on his finger.

Everyone looked at Sid confused and people who knew meaning of that ring sighed.

“I am sorry I wore ring in wrong finger...” Sid said to divert people's attention. Even though excuse wasn't good enough but it worked for time being. Siddharth internally cursed himself for being so stupid.

He was about to take ring off when he heard...

SO MY MR. HUSBAND IS GETTING ENGAGED TO MY DEAR COUSIN AND NO ONE EVEN BOTHER TO INVITE ME...” Someone said in mic.

Siddharth's breath hitched for a moment realizing who this voice belonged to, his jaw clenched and eyes turned red.

Everyone turned back to see owner of voice. Everyone got shocked seeing Avneet with Mic in her hand. She was looking way different than she was before, her style had changed, she got much thinner and her face had lost its previous shine.

“Guess no one is happy to see me

“Guess no one is happy to see me... I came back after 5 years at least say hello... No? OK let me start then...” She said sassily and went to Om and touched his feet and same with rest of the family's elders. Even though no one gave any response... Instead everyone stepped back so Avneet just touched the ground to take their blessings.

Her eyes filled with tears but she didn't let it fall instead composed herself before going in front Of Siddharth.

“Did you missed me baby?” She said and hugged Siddharth tightly... Siddharth still was not able to digest what was happening and was still shocked to see her here. Before he can react Avneet broke the hug and kissed his cheek.

She was about to go to Ruhi but Ruhi was already in tears that she ran back to her room crying.

Before Avneet takes one more step Siddharth held her wrist and pulled her towards him which results her crashing on his chest.

“Why are you here? How can you be so shameless to come back here in my house...” Siddharth said in deep voice... His voice reflected nothing but pain.

“Oh you mean My house... Did you forget this whole property is on my name... I can come and go anytime I want. Don't forget sweetheart that I am owner of everything you are standing on.” Avneet said snatching her hand away from him.

Hey guys!

What's up?

I know it's been hella Long time since I updated but it was really hard for me to update. I will try my best to be more active.

Thank you so much for showing so much love to this book even though I wasn't active much. 💜

Do comment your favorite part from this chapter.

What do you think will happen next?

Do you like this new twist in story?

Thank you for your love and support 😍🤧

Love you guys 🤗