Chapter 1

Just before the alarm went off, a raven-haired girl was lying under the lonely tree beside the school campus. Students barely hang out there since it's most likely the quietest part of the campus which is the reason why she loves going there. Jisoo stood up and dusted herself off, grabbing her books as she made her way inside after a very short nap.

"No running in the hallways!" One teacher yelled just as the school bell rang. Jisoo quickly headed to her first period class, afraid of tardiness.

She stepped in and everyone was already looking at her, not because of admiration, but because of the dissatisfaction of having her as their classmate.

Here's the thing, most students in their campus hates her because of a stupid rumor a certain Kim Jennie made. If you ask, Jennie is that typical popular girl in high school and even though she looks all sweet and caring, behind that smile is a devilish girl with secrets deeper than the blue sea.

Okay, maybe I'm over exaggerating the last part. What I'm trying to say is that Jennie isn't as nice as everyone thinks.

Right now, Jisoo shrugged it off and took her seat, ignoring everyone's judgements in their eyes. The teacher soon arrived and started the class.

Jisoo is the kind of student everyone likes to call 'loser'. Everyone used to like her, I mean some still do, but not until this very immature rumor was spread by Jennie. Why? Because last school year, Jennie and Jisoo fought against each other in Debate Club. Jisoo won the activity which caused Jennie to feel humiliated in some ways. That's when Jennie started spreading false rumors about the raven.

And as a normal student that doesn't live with popularity unlike Jennie, Jisoo couldn't do anything about those rumors because she knew students would always choose to believe someone who's higher in terms of position, connections, and popularity. In short, they believed Jennie. And from then on, Jisoo decided to quit the Debate Club and let Jennie do whatever she wants.

Later on, the first period class has ended and Jisoo was now heading to her second period class, which is Biology. As she walks her way to biology class, someone intentionally bumps into her, making all her papers fly everywhere and land on the ground.

She looked up to see Irene walking away like nothing happened. On the other side was Jennie laughing like it was the most hilarious thing she had ever seen. Jisoo quickly picked up her papers. She didn't want to cause any trouble so it was better to just ignore her.

After picking up her papers, Jisoo quickly stuffed it inside her bag and continued walking to her class.

She arrived and gladly the teacher wasn't there yet. She walked to her seat and saw Irene glancing at her. She decided to ignore it and move on, taking out her text books and settled down on her seat.

~

The rest of the day went on smoothly, it was now dismissal time. Students quickly shifted out of the room as soon as the bell rang like a bunch of animals being released from its cage. After wrapping things up, Jisoo went out as well and placed her books inside her locker.

Just as she unlocked it, a beige folded paper fell from her locker. Jisoo leaned down and grabbed the paper. Out of curiosity, she unfolded the paper only to be met by 5 large letters written on it;

Sorry

Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows, wondering who wrote the note. She looked around hoping to spot someone who might possibly be the one who placed that note inside her locker. But she found no one. Jisoo flipped the paper over but there's nothing written on it.

She stuffed the paper in her bag and placed her books inside the locker before closing it as she leaves. Jisoo decided to take a cab to the mall since she had to buy some materials for their individual project in Biology.

When she arrived, she led herself to a small bookstore inside the mall which, coincidentally, also sells art work materials. She grabbed herself some cardboard and a few different colors of paints. That's all she decided to buy since she already had the other required materials at her house.

As she held the materials in her hands, she walked to the counter to pay for it but instead was met by a very familiar cat-eyed girl fuming as she stood there holding a credit card.

"What do you mean my card has been declined?!" The counter lady stood there like she was fighting to save her life. Jennie yelling just caused to attract attention towards them.

"I-I'm really sorry Miss but something seems to be wrong with your credit card. The machine keeps on declining it and w-we can't let you have these items unless you pay or until your credit card has been addressed," The lady said.

"That's impossible, you must not be doing your job right. Just swipe the goddamn card!" The lady almost jumped in fear before following what she was told to do. She quickly took Jennie's card once again and swiped it by sliding it through the slot in the machine with the stripe on the back of the card at the bottom.

"I deeply apologize Miss b-but your credit card must've been cut off."

Jennie took a deep breathe, "Listen. There must be something wrong with your stupid machine. My credit card was working just fine earlier and no-"

"Uhm I'll pay for it," Jisoo stepped in beside the brunette and placed her materials on the counter table, as she took out her wallet and paid for her and Jennie's items. The brunette was arching her an eyebrow for the sudden action of kindness towards her even after what she did to the raven.

The lady had the items punched before she handed it to Jisoo. The raven accepted it and placed her wallet back inside her light bag. She started walking off, completely forgetting the presence of Jennie behind her.

"W-wait," Jisoo stopped and faced her.

"My items?"

"Oh right, sorry I forgot. Here," Jisoo handed the other paper bag to Jennie in which the brunette hesitantly accepted.

She sighed, "Follow me."

Jisoo was confused but followed her anyways. Jennie walked to the ATM machine and started pushing whatever buttons there was.

She groaned in frustration before kicking it, "Stupid machine."

Walking back towards Jisoo, she rolled her eyes, "I'll pay you tomorrow at school."

"It's fine, you don't have to," Jisoo walked away, leaving Jennie standing there watching her disappear.

The brunette didn't like being in debt. She was frustrated that her father had her credit card cut off. She used that card whenever she goes shopping almost every week and hearing the lady saying the card has been declined just made her frustrated.

But having Jisoo pay for her items just made her even mad but thankful at the same time for having the raven saving her from humiliation. She was confused onto why Jisoo would help her after what she did to her. Jennie humiliated her but she had never seen Jisoo doing something to get back at her. It's just as if the raven just lets her ruin her life by having people hate on her for a stupid rumor Jennie made herself.