Chapter 4

Jennie's POV

My eyes followed Jisoo who rushed out of the cafeteria while Lisa goes after her. I'm not quite sure why but I had the urge to follow her and ask what happened. I've been doing weird things I didn't expect I would do, like buying her a shirt after she got soaked with water. Sometimes I find myself staring at her, and I can't help but admire that face. That face that keeps me distracted from the things I should focus to.

Why haven't I noticed it before? That she was this beautiful.

Of course you haven't, Jennie. You were too busy hating her.

Also, I hate to admit that she wasn't that bad at all. No, she was never. She was kind. She helped me with a lot of things but all I returned to her was something that made everyone hate her. My mind says that I shouldn't regret what I did but my heart already does.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when Nayeon nudged me from the side, "What?"

"Were you even listening?" She asked.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I didn't hear anything at all. I was too busy drowning into thoughts of a certain raven.

"I asked if you wanna crash at my place tonight," Nayeon said.

"Oh, I'll have to pass this time. I have to go home early and visit my Dad."

"Visit your Dad where?" I froze at her question. My tongue slipped and I wasn't supposed to tell them that. So I came up with an excuse.

"I-I mean... I need to visit my Dad at work, he's been too busy and I wanna see how he's been doing," I lied.

"Oh, alrighty. Maybe we should just have a sleepover next time, when everyone's free. It won't be fun if one's missing," Nayeon chuckled.

"Yeah..." Irene mumbled. It's weird because Irene has been quiet this past few days, she's spacing out more often than she used to. It's almost as if she's glitching in the middle of our conversations or she forgets that she's telling us a story in the first place and then suddenly stops and space out.

"By the way, nice edit Jen," Irene said. I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"Edit?" I repeated.

"Yeah, you edited that picture of Jisoo right?" She said.

"No! Why woul- I mean... I didn't do it. I did not edit that picture," I said, surprisingly, in a defensive tone.

"You don't have to lie, Jennie. It's fine," Nayeon said.

"I said I didn't. I don't know who but it's not me, okay?"

I heard Irene laugh as if she doesn't believe me. I glared at her and she cleared her throat before saying "Sorry".

"Then who did?" I turned around at Nayeon's question, facing her.

"How should I know?!"

"Okay okay, I'm sorry. Don't get mad at me..."

"Whatever, have your stupid lunch," And yes, I walked away. They clearly didn't believe me. This time, I was telling the truth. It's wasn't me who posted that picture. Whoever did it, they probably want me to catch the blame. People knew I was the one who spread that rumor about Jisoo before and they all believed it, and students would easily believe that I'm the one who posted that picture earlier since they know I'm capable of doing it. But it wasn't me. Whoever edited that picture probably hates either me or Jisoo.

-

I got home early like I said I would. The house was empty. It was lonely. I headed to the kitchen and prepared food for my Mom. After finishing up, I headed to my car and went to the hospital my Mom works in and... and where my Dad is admitted to.

He's been in a coma for quite awhile now, and I miss him. He's the reason why I wanted to win that debate. That was my last chance to get my Dad to be proud of me. I never felt like he was proud of me but I know he loves me. My Mom did too, until my Dad got into an accident and fell in coma. My Mom started giving me a cold shoulder and blamed me for what happened. It was honestly the worst, having your Mother hate on you for something you didn't do.

That's why I got mad at Jisoo and blamed her even though it was me to blame. It was my fault but I took out my anger at her. All she did to me was to be kind even after what I did to her. I don't know if she'll ever forgive me.

As I arrived at the hospital, some of my Mom's nurse friends greeted me. I politely bowed at them before heading to my Dad's room. I met a lot of patients on the way, some were still on wheelchairs and some were getting ready to go home. A lot of doctors knew me because my Mom used to bring me to the hospital with her when I was young because my Dad used to work abroad and my Mom didn't want to leave me home alone.

I stepped inside the room and my Mom was there, checking up my Dad as he lied on the hospital bed. I know my Mom would always check on him every now and then, sometimes she would even rather stay in the hospital than go home with me. So, I may have spent a lot of alone time in the house but sometimes I get sick of it. I was alone everywhere except when I'm at school. I would watch movies alone, I would eat alone, play alone, do a lot of things alone.

I do have friends, Nayeon and Irene, and they're more like just school friends. If you get what I mean. We only hang out at school. We do sleepovers sometimes but I would always feel out of place so I'd rather stay home and only hang out with them when we're at school.

Right now, I placed the food I prepared on the table. My Mom knew I was there, standing behind her. But she chose to ignore me.

"Hi Mom, I brought food. Do you want to eat with me?" I softly asked, hoping for an answer but who was I kidding?

"I uhm... I'll just leave it here..." I said but then again, no answer so I sighed.

"I should go home, please eat. I prepared that for you," I said and was about to go out when I heard her spoke.

"I'm not hungry," She said coldly. I walked back to the table and grabbed the food as I exit the room but not before taking a glance at my Father. I hope he wakes up soon.

"Hi Jennie," Doctor Myoui greeted.

"Hello Mina, did you have dinner?" I asked.

"I haven't actually. Did you visit your Dad?" She asked.

"Yeah, I did. Here, you should eat. You can't treat a patient if you have an empty stomach," I said, handing her the food. She chuckled softly and accepted it.

"Thanks Jen. Going home already?"

"Yes. I still have a lot of school works...and stuff."

"Alright, be careful. Again, thank you for the food!" She said cheerfully.

"No problem, see you," That's it, I left and went home. Well, atleast the food I prepared didn't go to waste.

I decided to stop by a convenience store before heading home. I grabbed myself some snacks and drinks for tonight. I plan to watch movies by myself since I have nothing to do anyways.

I paid for my food and went out and just then, Jisoo stood there in front of me holding a white maltese dog whom was barking at my face. I almost dropped my food but gladly I was able get a hold of it.

I looked at Jisoo and she gave me a 'wtf' look on her face before walking pass beside me. Her dog kept barking at me so I stuck my tongue out at him, he got mad and barked even louder. Jisoo turned her head around and saw me. She just ignored my presence and shushed her dog.

I went out of the convenience store and was about to get in my car when I thought of something.

Did she also think I edited the picture of her earlier?

That thought kept me from getting inside my car. I walked back inside the store and saw Jisoo paying for her food. I was about to approach her but her stupid dog started barking at me again which caught Jisoo's attention. She looked at me then looked at the lady in front of her before taking her food.

She walked pass beside me but I grabbed her hand. She faced me, irritated.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

It took her a few seconds to reply, "Fine."

-
A/N: Hello, I forgot to update. Apologies for the errors and short boring chapter. It's so hard to write a long one :,)