Chapter 8

Jisoo's POV

As Hae-in drove away, I sat in the front seat of his car. I managed to keep myself from turning around and telling Jennie that I couldn't be with her. I know I forgave her but something still hurts whenever I see her. For months, my high school life became a living hell because of her. She didn't know how much I've gone through ever since that incident happened.

Despite the fact that my father owns a business, I once applied for a part-time job because I didn't want to be a burden to my family. Because of that ridiculous rumor, no one would accept me. I don't know what Jennie did that the rumor somehow started spreading outside the school. I got grounded and my parents let me did some test to know if I really was pregnant which I am not.

It was hard especially for my Dad's reputation in his company. That's why he was quick to cover it up and told everyone it was fake. But the students in my school still believes it. Even if I liked Jennie a little, but not romantically, I would still refuse to be with her because of what she did.

When I realized Hae-in was holding my hands, I was able to calm my mind. As he fixed his gaze on the road, I looked at him. I hurriedly removed my hand from his' and cleared my throat.

"My Mom didn't sent you to pick me up, did she?" I asked.

"No, I just wanted to talk to you and it seems like you needed to get out of that situation you had earlier with Jennie," Hae-in replied, still not looking at my direction.

I just sat there in silence, too many thoughts lingering in my mind. The whole note thing of Irene, Jennie liking me, and now Hae-in bringing me to God knows where.

I sighed and rested my head on the window of the car. I felt Hae-in glancing at me with a worried expression.

I murmured, "I'm fine, don't worry," and he chuckled. I sat up straight and turned to face him.

"What's funny?" I asked.

"You're so adorable," He smiled. I only rolled my eyes at him.

"You haven't told your parents that we broke up, right?" He suddenly asked.

"No, but I will soon."

"You know we'll both get in trouble if you said we broke up, right? Our parents would get mad, especially your Mom," Hae-in said.

"I don't want to talk about it right now. Where are you taking me?"

"My house," He said casually which caused my eyes to widen.

"Stop the car," I demanded.

"No."

"I said stop the car!" I tried to open it but he already locked it so I punched his shoulder and melted into my seat.

"That hurt! Calm down, okay? Your parents know I'm taking you to my house because my Mom and Dad wants to speak with you," he explained.

"Why??"

"It's better if you hear it from them, you wouldn't like if I told you," He replies with a sad expression.

"Tell me right now or I'll-"

"Or you'll what Jisoo?" He cut me off, "We broke up secretly, and if they find out they wouldn't like it."

"Just tell me what this is all about, please?"

"It's about us."

"What about us?" I asked before hearing him taking a deep breath.

"They plan to get us married," He said.

"You're joking, right? My Dad wouldn't let that happen. He knows I don't want to get married yet."

"My Mom suggested it, Jisoo. Your parents and my Dad agreed with it," He said.