Chapter 9

"Wait wait wait. You kissed Jennie?" Lisa just repeated what I said. I annoyingly nodded at her for the 5th time. We were eating lunch at the cafeteria when I told her what happened between me and Jennie yesterday.

"I don't know what got into me! I shouldn't have done that. I just kissed a girl, Lisa. A girl. And it's Jennie," Lisa just cracked up at what I said. She laughed as if I was telling her some old corny jokes.

"Okay okay, I know. But what's wrong? You broke up with Hae-in, and you kissed Jennie. So what?" Lisa said.

"I'm getting married, Lisa, and if my parents found out I've been walking around kissing girls, I'm dead," I worriedly said.

"Jisoo, you're not "walking around kissing girls". You kissed Jennie because you like her. Simple as that," She replied.

"I like Jennie?" I questioned, "No, I don't."

"Then why kiss someone you don't like?" Lisa asked, raising her eyebrow at me.

"I have no idea."

"You like her," Lisa teased, "because you said you felt fireworks in your stomach when you kissed her. That only means two things: one, you have a stomachache, and two, you like her. And as far as I can tell, the second one seems more accurate."

I merely rolled my eyes at her and shoved a forkful of mashed potatoes into my mouth. Jennie's entrance into the cafeteria drew my attention immediately, and she sat beside Joy and Yeri, while Irene and Nayeon sat comfortably at the next table, eating their meal.

Lisa's voice echoed through my ear, "Weird."

"Weird?" I repeated. Lisa motioned her lips at Jennie's direction, in which I followed.

"Normally, it's the three of them," Lisa explained as she points at Irene and Nayeon, "but now she's hanging out with Joy and Yeri."

"I know," was the only thing I could say. Before Jennie realized I was staring at her, I immediately averted my gaze back to my food.

-

"Do you want to go home together?" Lisa suggested as she gathered her belongings from her desk.

"Sure," I replied, "but only after I talk to Jennie."

Lisa gave me a teasing look right away. She has this weird ability on how to irritate me.

She smirked and asked, "Are you sure you're just going to "talk" to her?" Jennie and Yeri appeared out of nowhere, walking in our direction. So I told Lisa to be quiet.

"I am, okay? Don't embarrass me."

She chuckled at what I said.

I tried to approach Jennie, ignoring Lisa, but she just walked right past me. Lisa was laughing her heart out from the corner of my eye. It seems very funny for her when the situations turns the other way around. I used to ignore Jennie, and now she's the one who's ignoring me.

I turned to face Lisa, who's still laughing.

"Are you done? Let's go home," I said.

She stopped laughing and cleared her throat, "Yep, let's go."

"Jisoo, wait," I turned around only to be met by Irene whom was fiddling with her fingers.

I turned to Lisa and told her to wait for me outside, she nodded and followed.

"Yes?"

"Can we talk?" She asked.

"We're already talking."

"No, I-I mean privately?" She corrected.

"Okay," I said before following Irene into an empty classroom.