Knock-Out Rounds

Sorry in advance, I currently have a mild concussion, but I feel bad leaving you guys hanging for so long, so I'm writing this bit by bit. 

If you read my Cinematographer book as well, I also wrote that one with a concussion. A girl from another team hit my head with her stick and immediately I knew something was wrong since my head was pounding.

So, I sincerely apologize if parts make absolutely no sense.

Also comments are appreciated as always.

Quarter-finals what a time to be anxious. Today was extremely nerve wracking. The last time I played in the Olympics we lost in the quarter-finals. This could be life or death. I'm really afraid of losing right now. We were playing the Netherlands. They've come a long way since the last time we played them. This is the first time they are playing in the Olympics which means they want to put up a huge fight to prove they belong here.

The US is the clear favorite to win this year as most of our 'rivals' weren't permitted to play due to Covid. Our 'ego' has obviously dropped when Sweden beat us. We were knocked down a peg. Which I think might have helped us. We aren't unbeatable. We still need to fight every game to win.

Cutie Pout ☹️: Good luck today, my love. I'll try to watch on the plane as I head to Ireland. Billie is being a good girl in the car ride to the airport. I've been thinking of something while you have been gone.

My Little Honey Bee 🐝: Aww thanks babe. I'm glad Billie is going good, she doesn't like car rides they make her anxious. What have you been thinking about?

Cutie Pout ☹️: A date.

My Little Honey Bee 🐝: A date?

Cutie Pout ☹️: A wedding date.

My Little Honey Bee 🐝: ???

Cutie Pout ☹️: What date is sacred to us and no one knows not even our family?

My Little Honey Bee 🐝: The day we met. You want to get married on the day we met?

Cutie Pout ☹️: Call me

I press facetime instead of calling her. I wanted to see her face. I watch as her face appears on the screen. "Hi Little B." "Hi baby." I smile watching as her face brightens on the screen.

"The day we met was super important to me. It was the day I met the love of my life. That day is already one of the happiest days of my life because I met you then, so why not make it even better by starting our forever on that date." Flo explains over the face time call. I smile shyly while I could've sworn my face gets hotter. "Yuck." Kristie fake gags from her spot on the bed. "I better be in the wedding party." She teases as she got up from her bed heading to the bathroom to start getting ready to head down to meet the team to get ready for the game.

"The date is perfect my love. When I see you again we will plan the rest of it. Like the year, our guests, the location, our wedding colors. OUR WEDDING PARTY." I screamed the last part so Kristie could hear it. "Okay well I got to go, we just got to the airport. I love you so much. Go kick butt today." "Love you too." I smile blowing a kiss as the facetime ends.

A few minutes later Kristie comes out of the bathroom in our travel gear. "Get your ass in the bathroom to get ready Bailey." She throws my sweats at me. I catch them shaking my head, I head to the bathroom after getting the rest of my stuff to go get ready.

I get ready quickly heading out the bathroom door. I was ready to fight for my life in this game today.

An Hour Later