Chapter 4-Weird Dreams

The falling snow was heavy and thick. Already the cobblestones were full with it making the movement of both people and wagons difficult. The streets were not as well lit as he expected but the dim street lights and the lights from the nearby tavern could actually work to his benefit. Thongar looked around. Everything seemed blurry and vague to him. He then looked down at his feet. He was bleeding. Not severely but still... Bleeding. He tried to move. For some reason he could not move his arms or legs either. Only his head.Left and right. Up and down. He then felt or heard someone move behind him. He felt someone stubbing him in the spine and then all went black...

-Wake up, Thongar... WAKE UP

Adira was sitting at the edge of his bed trying to wake him.

-You had a bad dream princess?

-Shut up...

-Shut up? I am your captain.

-Keep it down. Thongar responded. Mother does not know a thing about the Guild. You are not my captain here.

-Get dressed and meet me in Elladan's library. You have to study.

      Adira left quickly his room and the after she said goodbye to Thongar's mother she left the house. Thongar tried to stood up but for now he was just sitting at the edge of his bed. The last two weeks were crazy. He had both to work in the blacksmith and also train in the Guild. He tried to organise he thoughts. It was the first time he had a clear mind to do it. He begun his training in the Thieve's Guild, under Elladan's and Adira's tutorship. Most of the times he had to go down to the dungeon using one of the numerous secret entrances, yes there were more than one, in places that he could not imagine. After that he did various things. Firstly Adira trained him how to climb properly walls which lesson number one. He thought he could do it, but nope. While he was thinking he stood up and began dressing. Then the following days training got harder and harder. Elladan started teaching him a strange dialect or language called Thieves cant. He remembered Elladan's words.

-So Thongar what I am going to teach you is a hidden language that consists mostly of slangs and innuendos than an actual language with grammar and syntax . The main use of thieves' cant is to communicate rogue activities, such as banditry, burglary, finding marks, and loot.

      That was still ok, not that that hard, I may be exaggerating. Though Adira did not stopped in just wall climbing. Elladan's Dungeon was a small underground town, with houses and training fields and literally everyday you may discover something new. It was impressive if you think about it. A whole underground town build for the Thieve's Guild. Every town or city which had a Thieve's Guild branch. So Adira, focused on teaching him stealth and deception, and other refined skills that help him in the dungeon environment or the city above, such as house climbing, finding and disarming traps, and opening locks. He still did not own his own fancy dagger with his name on. He was ready. His thoughts were in place and he had to leave. He waved to his mother and left his house. Thongar walked down the corridor and reached the main square. He walked for some more minutes heading to Elladan's house. He had to use one of the secret entrances so he went at the right side of the house. He knocked three times rhythmically. A voice from inside was heard asking a question.

-Do you want to open the Secret Door.

-DMSD

-Whatever Thongar come in.

     Thongar did not hesitate for a second. He stepped In the Secret Door without looking back. Without realising he was being watched...