1- 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛

"There you are what took you so long?" Yelena greeted me as I walked in. I rolled my eyes and sat down.

"You called me in fifteen minutes ago." She smiled a bit.

"Yes and you live ten minutes away."

"Whats the Mission?"

"All business with you." She pulled up a picture of South America and zoomed in on Peru.

"Somewhere deep in the amazon rainforest here theres a village. Someone has reported a being that has completely brain washed all the people and is controlling them. We need you to go in and get the people out and see who's behind this." She explained.

"A whole village under control?" I raised an eyebrow. "Who would want to control a random village in Peru anyways?"

"Hopefully you'll figure that out soon." She grinned and I stood up. "You probably understand why we chose you for this mission, and that it might be safer if you go alone."

"I work best alone anyways." I stated as I exited the office. I heard my phone buzz and looked to see she sent me coordinates.

"This is where the sighting was reported"

I put my phone back in my pocket and headed to the air hanger. 

I continued trudging through the thick grass and leaves of the rain forest. It was very beautiful, but a bit creepy. I tried not to think about all the bugs around me right now. I don't care if I'm a superhero my fear of bugs isn't going away anytime soon. I looked down at my phone to see how close I was to the coordinates and saw that I was basically right over them. I looked around but still didn't see any signs of people. I stopped for a second and tuned into my senses. I turned a bit and started walking again following where all the noise was coming from. I soon heard some rustling and looked over to see someone a few feet away from me. I carefully walked over and snuck up behind him. I placed my hands on the sides of his head and went into his mind. I was surprised to see that he was completely happy and content. There was a slight hold over him but he wasn't quite being controlled, almost just like he was being watched over. I released him and quickly snuck back before he realized. I saw a woman over by a small river and decided to check on her too. I did the same thing and she was also at peace under the hold. I looked over at the village and saw them doing many different jobs. Everyone seemed completely fine. But I still don't understand why someone is doing this. Why them? Why here? I heard rustling behind me and quickly turned around but was met with nothing. I sighed a bit and turned back around. I was startled by a dark haired man standing in front of me. His eyes quickly started glowing and turned into the color of liquid gold. They went back to normal after a second and he had a confused look in his eyes.

I smirked a bit

I smirked a bit. The reason they sent me on this mission specifically is because no one can get into my head. Not even Wanda ever could. I never really understood why but I guess it's a pretty nice advantage.