14-𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒

"You don't have to fight him too hard, just keep yourself protected and distract his for a bit while the connection starts." Sersi explained as the ship neared the emergence point. I nodded. "Oh and one other thing." She placed her hand on my shoulder and soon my clothes turned into a suit like the others. I admired the black material with purple accents and smiled.

"Thanks." She grinned and went with a couple of the others leaving just Druig standing behind. "We're almost there you have to go with them." I stated as he approached me. He kept his eyes on mine and didn't say anything. I gave him a soft smile as I saw the worry in his eyes. "I'll be fine Druig, my main concern right now is you."

"I'll be fine." His hands found my waist as he kept closing the space between us. "If he hurts you I'll kill him with my bare hands." He muttered out. I chuckled a bit and shook my head.

"I'll take care of that myself." I smirked and he finally smiled. I wrapped my arms around him and pressed my cheek to his chest. He went with the embrace and tightly held onto me. "I'll see you in a bit." I mumbled.

"I love you Astrid." Every time the words left his mouth my heart skipped and my cheeks went red.

"I love you too." We stayed in each other's arms for a while longer. "You should really get going now." I pulled away and he nodded but looked sad at having to separate. He looked me up and down a bit as he backed up.

"I like that suit on you." He devilishly grinned and I rolled my eyes.

"Go." I simply stated and he turned and went to meet up with the others. I stood and stared at the giant sculpture in the middle of the room. I had to admit I was a bit scared of Ikaris, I mean he is supposedly the most powerful of an already very powerful group but when it comes down to protecting Druig and the others, I'm not gonna let fear stop me. It wasn't long until there was a sudden crashing noise and part of the top of the ship was blown through. I stood up straight and prepared for the fight. Ikaris came in, a smirk forming on his face as he saw me. He slowly walked towards me.

"Why am I not shocked?" He jokingly asked. "Wheres Druig?" His tone for more serious. I didn't respond but took a couple steps forward. "What're you gonna do hm? Make me have a headache again?" I grinned and formed spheres of energy in both my hands.

"I'm gonna have a bit of fun first." He looked at the purple clouds in my hands before I quickly blasted one at him. He dodged it and I threw the other one quickly. He immediately shot lasers at me and I quickly formed a screen in front of me. It took a lot of power to reflect the beams, causing me to grimace a bit. I pushed a bit more and sent the screen forward causing him to be blasted back. He got right back up and shot at me again. I moved to the side and took the chance to blast him again. We went back and forth taking shots at each other before he was able to catch me off guard and his lasers hit me. I was quickly sent flying into the wall behind me as the lasers burned against me. I groaned and rolled onto my back. I looked over and saw that Ikaris was already gone. "Shit." I mumbled to myself. I sat up and for some reason didn't feel as hurt as I thought I would. I actually felt fine. I scrunched my face a bit and looked to see my hands had a slight purple glow to them, practically my whole body did. "What?" I whispered as I stood up. It must just be from me being worked up. I shrugged it off and ran down the hall to where Phastos was. He was in the connection right now. That means they're all still connected and okay for now. Just as I felt a bit relieved, Phastos fell out of the hold of the connection. He stumbled a bit and I ran over to him. He gave me a panicked look as we realized what it meant. I felt another wave of panic when I realized it means druigs been distracted.

"We need to get to the ground." I stated, feeling anger start to wash over me. There was a sudden shake that caused us both to almost lose our balance. "What was that?"