9-𝑃ℎ𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑠

The sun was starting to rise. No one had slept, no one really could. I saw Druig by the river and went over to him. He was watching Thena as she walked out into the water.

"You should be sleeping." He stated as I came up behind him.

"I cant." I answered. It stayed silent for a bit. I felt horrible for Thena, she was taking the loss the hardest. Understandable, seeing as how close they were to each other.

"When I left," Druig started to speak. He stared down at the ground in front of him. "I thought about taking over the minds of every human on this planet." He admitted. "Violence, fear, greed, all gone." He looked over at me.

"Why didn't you?"

"Because without their flaws, they wouldn't be human." He explained. I took his hands in mine.

"You have to help them

"You have to help them." He didn't respond,he just kept his eyes locked with mine. "There's no avoiding this, they'll come back." He looked over at Thena again and nodded a bit.

He let go of one of my hands but kept ahold of the other as he walked over to Sersi and the others

He let go of one of my hands but kept ahold of the other as he walked over to Sersi and the others. They all looked at him, Sersi stepped forward a bit.

"Druig please, these deviants are trying to keep us from killing their own kind, they have a conscience now." She explained. "That's makes them dangerous." He laughed to himself a bit.

"No Sersi, that makes them us." They all gave him a weird look. "Eternals and Deviants. Arishems children." They seemed to lose the bit of hope they had in their eyes. "You're asking me to take control of a celestial, I do not have that kind of power." Sersi looked back up at him and smiled a bit.

"So we'll need phastos." Ikaris suggested causing druigs glance to go towards him.

"Good luck with that, he gave up on humans a long time ago."

"Well we all know how he is, I'm sure a bit of convincing will work." Sersi said hopefully.

"We should get going soon then." Ikaris stated.

"Great, where are we heading?" I smiled and Druig looked down at me. I realized his look and shook my head. "Im going with."

"You're not going with." He said at the same time as me. We both rolled our eyes. "You're staying here and watching the others."