A Day's Leave || Zhongli || Male Reader

//--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--//

ZHONGLI

A day's Leave

Fluff

//--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--//

Being in the Adventurers Guild wasn't all that fun as it would usually seem, some may think it would be exhilarating and it would make your adrenaline go wild, making you feel all powerful, like nothing can stop you, not even the geo archon himself could bring you down!

Though, in all truth, here in Liyue Harbour the majority of adventures slack off because they don't want to do the 'boring' commissions, like looking around for a missing cat, or playing with a little kid or even fishing for a little while.

Y/n was a little different, he liked seeing the over-joyed faces of people when he returned a cat to it's owners, or seeing the smile on a little child's face when he comes over to play tag or hid and seek with them, surprisingly, he found joy in fishing and seeing the delighted fishermen's faces when he caught something good for them (or just something in general when they were having an unlucky day).

However, even though Y/n liked doing such things, he often decided to do all those 'time-wasting' commissions the other Adventures didn't want to do because they wanted something more dangerous and intoxicating for their adrenaline, which usually resulted in him arriving home late to a very sleepy husband.

Even though his amazing husband, Zhongli, insisted he didn't mind Y/n coming home so late, Y/n didn't believe it and always felt bad when Zhongli would be already asleep in their shared bed. He wanted to spend time with the geo archon and make sure he is okay after a day's work like he used to, but Y/n had no one but himself to blame for taking on so many commissions.

Tonight was one of the nights Y/n dragged his tired feet over to his and his husband's home, his eye lids threatening to close almost every step of the way. The day's commissions were overly tiring for some strange reason and it made him want to go home, he was glad he said to Katherine that he would not being coming in the next day because now perhaps he and Zhongli would finally get some time to themselves.

Even though Y/n mind wasn't working 100%, he still remembered to slowly open the door, careful to not wake his more than likely sleeping husband and then quietly close the door after he stepped into their comfortable home.

Their lovely abode wasn't messy, well not how it was left when Y/n rushed out of the house that morning, and it was clear that Zhongli had cleaned or reorganised it at some point. Or was that plant always there? Y/n had no control of his thoughts and immediately thought that he'd started getting less observant over time, which would not be good for the commissions where he had to find and item or a living creature.

As he legs finally gave up on him, he flopped down onto the sofa and curled into a small ball to warm himself up. The Adventure fell asleep almost the moment he got comfortable.

//* * *//

Y/n awoke from his deep sleep by the sun filling the room, his eyes fluttered open and his hand tried to cover the rising sun from blinding him. He sniffled and struggled to sit up, had he slept odd to awake in such an aching way?

Once the man had sat up fully, he reached up to feel his hair, making sure it wasn't sticking up this time. Thankfully, it was not, perhaps sleeping in a position that hurt when he woke up prevented him from getting bed-hair.

Y/n stood slowly, being careful to not make himself lightheaded, he stretched out his arms until they clicked and stood like a statue for a few seconds.

"What to do?" He thought, he had barely had a day off and when he did he never woke up so early.

Instead of doing anything productive, Y/n decided to go check up on Zhongli as he hadn't the previous night and ended up just falling asleep. So, he went up the smooth, wooden stairs that no longer creaked like the week before and looked for the door that had a small crack to let in light. When he opened the door with a faint creeeeak, he poked his head into the room to check if Zhongli was even sleeping in bed.

Y/n had spotted Zhongli's figure under to covers of their bed, one hand on his chest and the other somewhere under the covers like his waist under. His face was facing the ceiling and even from where Y/n was standing, he noticed his husband's mouth partly opened.

Y/n tried his best to walk over to his Husband's sleeping body without waking him up and when he did, Y/n climbed into bed with Zhongli. He laid on his side, with right hand holding up his head. Sensing that somebody was watching him, Zhongli awoke slowly, his eyes lazily opening as his mouth shut and he continued breathing through his nose.

Y/n smiled at his flawless husband and whispered, "Morning, Dear."

Zhongli moved his head to the left, where Y/n was laying, confusion plastered onto his face, "Shouldn't you be doing commissions now?"

Y/n shook his head and laid on his back, his head turned to Zhongli, "Nope, I requested a day's leave to spend time with you, I know you are not working today. I thought it would be nice, seeing as we never spend time with each other now."

The immortal archon smiled in relief and joy, he muttered as he inched closer to his beloved husband, "I think that is pleasurable, my Love."

//--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--//

In all honestly I may of made this because I am madly in love with Zhongli and I need happiness instead of reading angst.