Why continue putting others first? || Zhongli || female reader

//--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--//

ZHONGLI

Why continue putting others first?

Angst + Fluff

//--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--//

The Adeptus did not like intervening with the citizens of the City of Contracts, however she never fully stayed away from civilization. If someone was in dire need of help, she would save them from whatever danger troubled them. However, the saviour Adeptus was not invincible and with the amount of Hilichurls, treasure hoarders and Fatui lurking around Liyue, saving wondering travellers and Liyue's habitants continually without proper cool down time, did, in fact, put strain in her body.

Though, due to the contact she made, she vowed to protect the people of Liyue Harbour and sometimes she took that contract too far, putting the people first other than herself. She may of been an Adepti, but she was not all powerful, like an Archon, she could be killed much like any other mortal. Due to this, it concerned a certain former Archon, who always took care of the Adeptus when seriously injured. This time, Zhongli had no idea what he was going to see when his dear friend, Y/n, came to see him that late evening.

Zhongli was enjoying his evening's tea when Y/n stumbled through his door. Before he knew that it was his friend, he wasn't worried that it was someone trying to steal from him, as his dear friend often just walked in.

The man smiled after taking a sip from his tea, "Good evening, Y/n. You are later than usual."

The woman chuckled, holding the right side of their stomach, as it would help with the pain, "Yeah, I ran into some trouble, nothing too bad."

That's when Zhongli knew that she was lying, he turned and his face paled when he saw the sight of his beloved friend.

Even through the injures that Y/n had endured only moments before, she wore a proud smile with her eyes closed, even though her lip was partly bleeding, "Nothing serious, I swear!"

She opened her eyes again when she heard Zhongli get up from his seat and walked over to her, his pace was quickened, but he didn't run as there was no need for it. Once the former Geo Archon had reached the bleeding Adeptus, he wiped away lingering dirt or dust from her cheek. Though, she still only had her prideful smirk.

"Nothing serious?" Zhongli's words choked on his breath, he knew of Y/n past injuries from the day before and the day previous from that, and even the day before that, she never rested as if she was limitless.

"Well." Y/n carried out the word, "It was nothing I could not handle. Though, on the positive side, the children got out safe and I think that is what truly matters."