You weren't meant to see that || Diluc || genderfluid Reader

//--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--//

DILUC

You weren't meant to see that

Mild angst (ig) + Fluff

//--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--//

Down in the dumps was one way of describing how Y/n currently felt, but he'd prefer to say 'the Anemo God had it out for them', even though he knew it was not true that his God was 'after him' for some unknown sin he had done. Though, it was better than explaining every single small thing that happened to him that day, so he supposed it was a easier way to explain. Kind of.

So, there they were, drinking to their heart's content. He was no lightweight so getting drunk was not as easy as they wished it was, even after his fifth drink he was feeling fully sober and his thoughts continued as they had throughout the day.

Master Diluc, the day's bartender, had taken note of the drinks Y/n were having and how quick he was drinking them. He wasn't one for idle conversation, but the redhead had seen the Knight often come to the tavern to blow off some steam with the famous Calvary Captain, Kaeya. Even though Captain Kaeya had many drinks, Y/n kept to always having no more than three when they were to work the next day.

Master Diluc even noticed that Y/n had teary eyes, that she was trying desperately not to cry in her state of sobriety, as if she was waiting until she was blackout drunk to cry because the other customers would just think what she was - drunk.

The young knight wiped their eyes with their sleeve, then sniffed and left out a shaky breath. The redhead was never one to meddle in others business because it wasn't his concern. However, he had grown a liking towards Y/n through the small talks they shared occasionally.

"Are you... feeling alright?" Master Diluc asked, he didn't know how to say it and for some reason he had paused as if he forgot what to say halfway through.

Y/n looked up at the man, their tears threatening to spill, "I am quite alright, thank you, Master Diluc."

When lying about how she was feeling and failing, Y/n was the master at it, though when she was annoyed or angry it seemed like she was good at hiding it.

"You're drinking at a quick pace, perhaps take it slow." Diluc suggested, putting away a glass that was no longer dirty.

Y/n smirked and sniffed once more, "Here I thought you weren't one who had an interest in idle conversations."

"I'm not."

"Does this not count as 'idle chit-chat'?

"It depends on what you count as 'idle chit-chat'."