Chpt. 1

Shayla 

I was unpacking my clothes and putting everything away

I was unpacking my clothes and putting everything away. I was pretty nervous since I was the only one out of my friend group that was going to school out of state. Hearing my phone buzz I got an Instagram notification of my best friend posting our graduation picture and tagging me in it. Smiling I instantly hearted it and sat my phone down again.

It's been a month since my ex and I broke things off and honestly I was still a little hurt. But we agreed we'd enjoy college to the fullest with no regrets or doubts. It was little lonely though, I'm not too social nor good at making friends so I was definitely fresh meat around here. 

I was lucky enough to get my own dorm so I didn't have to worry about any roommate drama or dirtiness. Hearing a knock at my room door I quickly hurried and answered it. ''Hi I'm Kevon your RA'' this cutie gave a sexy smile. 

I couldn't say anything, but I damn sure stared into his eyes. ''Oh sorry I'm Shayla nice to meet you''. Licking his lips his held his hand out for me to shake. I lightly shook his hand and got a good whiff of his cologne. 

Biting my bottom lip he smirked. ''I know you new and all so Ima show you around the floor later, what's ya major beautiful?'' he asked me. ''Fashion and yourself?'' I asked back.

''Music production'' he replied. Nodding my head I looked down at my freshly painted toes. ''I'm coming back later to check on you, to see what classes we may have together'' he said. ''Wait how are you gonna invite yourself back in my room?'' I joked. ''I mean you too fine to be left alone round here, the niggas here is ruthless and I don't need nobody snatching you up'' he laughed. ''What if I want to get snatched up'' I said then crossed my arms. 

He raised one eyebrow and licked his lips, ''We'll see about that. Ima come back with some of my boys. Introduce you to some real niggas'' he said. ''Fine, but don't be coming over here at booty call hours classes do start tomorrow'' I remarked.

''Got you give me 10 mins to make my rounds and I'll be back'' he assured. Nodding my head I watched him walk past my room. Closing my door I backed myself against it and finally let go of the breath I didn't even know I was holding. 

Wanting to make sure I looked up to par I fixed my hair a little and put some lip gloss on. Since I had a few mins I Facetimed my best friend Micah. Not letting the phone ring once he instantly picked up. ''Bitchhhhh'' he sang loudly. 

''I miss you so much Micah I really wish you would've came with me'' I spoke and pouted my lips. ''Oh baby trust me Ima up there every chance I get plus I know Bowie got some fine ass niggas'' he said fanning himself. ''You better stop before Marco beat your ass'' I teased. He rolled his eyes and sucked his teeth. 

''Forget his annoying ass we broke up anyway'' he replied. ''Yeah, but for how long this time? Y'all more toxic than a bitch with baby daddy issues'' I laughed. Flabbergasted he held a hand over his chest looking fake hurt. ''Ouu girl fuck youuu, but you keep avoiding my question about the niggas! Is they fine or what bitch?'' Micah pressed. ''Yes bitch yes. My RA fine as hell and he supposed to be coming back in a few to introduce me to his friends'' I said.

''Do I hear a train?'' he asked and busted out laughing. ''Oh don't do me ho ain't no train happening over here, but if they all fine like him I just might'' I winked. Micah fell out his chair dying laughing. ''See I always knew the ho in you would come out I taught you well baby'' he joked. The same knock on my door happened. ''Bitch gotta go my RA here'' I said quickly fixing myself. ''Chooo choo'' Micah dumbass said then hung up.

Getting the door I seen 4 other niggas at the door with Kevon. ''You gonna let us in or what it's mad people in the hallway'' he smiled. 

Sticking my tongue out at him I opened the door wider so all of them could come in. I wasn't finna shut the door incase these mfs try to do some funny stuff. ''Alright these the bros. This Devin he in the frat and football team, Kevin is his twin he's on the basketball team, Zay is also on the basketball team, and finally Travis we the same major'' he introduced them all. 

''Nice to meet you all I'm-'' before I could finish Kevon put his arm over my shoulder and introduced me himself ''this Shayla'' he cheesed. One by one they gave me a hug. ''Nice to meet you this weirdo been running his mouth about you and ya ass just got here'' Zay said. ''Man shut up nigga no I wasn't'' he said with an evil glare. ''Awe you cute'' I pulled on his cheek.

''Nah don't front nigga you gathered all our asses down here to meet her, shorty he definitely digging you'' Devin said. ''Well we'll see about that we still need to get to know each other then we could be cool'' I assured Kevon with a look. Rubbing his hands together and smiling you could tell he was excited. ''Bet now we finna give you the tour put some shoes on and we out'' Kevon instructed. Putting my slides on I grabbed my keys as well as my phone and we all walked out my room.

__________________________________

It felt like this man knew everybody, but it was cool knowing a few people that was already use to this place. We all ended up going to the dinning hall to get some food and eating together. I eventually went back to my room to get my self ready for the next day. After showering I put some night clothes on as well as some music as I sipped some wine. Luckily my best friend got me a secret stash so I was set for a little while. Once 8pm rolled around I heard Kevon knock on the door. 

He had on grey sweats and a white beater on along with his house shoes. I yelled come in because I was already too comfortable in the bed to be getting out of it. ''Awe shit you ready for bed granny'' he joked. ''Shut up before I kick you out'' I laughed. He held his hands up in defeat and sat down in my chair at the desk. ''Aight I got this math class on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 9am, then I got Western Civ., Public Speaking on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays'' he looked over his schedule.

''We got the same math class, but the rest of my classes are different'' I said while looking at mine. ''That's what's up though, you gonna help me cause I ain't gon lie a nigga suck at math'' he said. ''Yeah I guess, but don't be tryna cock block. I seen some eyes on me'' I joked. He sucked his teeth and stayed quiet. ''Oh I know you ain't pressed over me, not when damn near every female in this building was breaking their neck to hug you'' I replied.

He started cheesing and waved me off. ''That ain't shit I'm not tripping off nobody'' Kevon assured. ''Mhm I hear you, but it's getting late I have an 8am class so go get some rest'' I said. He stood up and had his arms open for me to hug him. Without getting off my bed I got on my knees and air hugged him. He laughed and walked out the door then closed it behind him.