Chpt. 2

Shayla

It's been three weeks since classes started and everything has been running smoothly. Kevon and I have definitely gotten closer. I mean we would chill every night and help each other with homework.

I was actually walking to our math class now. I was planning to be 20 mins early but that gave me time to study before our test. Once I got into class I sat down in my usual seat and pulled my notes out. It was quiet until I heard an unfamiliar voice talking to the professor.

"I'm Rico is this math398?" The guy asked. "Yes you must be the transfer. It's nice to meet you & welcome to Bowie!" The professor said excitedly. At this point I had to look up cause whoever it was sounded sexy as hell. But boy when I did our eyes locked on each other quickly.

 But boy when I did our eyes locked on each other quickly

Biting my bottom lip I mentally couldn't control myself. Why was this man so fine and had tattoos. Noticing I was staring at him he smiled hard then winked at me. Lord I was gonna drown in a pool of fine ass niggas!

The professor went over the class syllabus then directed him towards where I was sitting. He sat down in front of me then quickly turned around. "Wassup ma?" He smiled.

Trying hard not to come off thirsty I replied a simple hey with a light smile. "I'm Rico & you are?" He asked me. "Shayla where you from boo?" I smirked. "Philly". I squeezed my legs together cause babyyyy he was gonna be mine.

Before I could say anything else Kevon and Zay walked into the class as well as everyone else. Both of them came and sat around me. Kevon sits next to me as usual and instantly his face fell flat when he noticed Rico was turned towards me.

"Yo who this?" Kevon asked while giving him a glare. "Well Kevon this is Rico and Rico these my homeboys Kevon and Zay" I introduced them. "What up bruh" Rico said as he dapper Zay and attempted to do the same to Kevon. Kevon rude ass looked at his hand then looked at me. "Homeboy?" He asked me.

"Okay class it's test time I'll give you all 10mins to study before we start. Everyone welcome Rico he's new to Bowie so treat him right" professor Simmons spoke. Most of the females mouths were salivating like animals. Not gonna lie so was mine in the beginning.

Not being bothered with Kevon's attitude I continued to look over my notes. Soon enough the 10mins passed and we were given the test.

Quickly breezing through the questions I was done within 25 mins and handed my stuff back in. Knowing that the professor was gonna send us an email on the next assignment along with the homework I lightly tapped Rico's shoulder and whispered in his ear.

''I'm finished I could show you around if you want'' I said lightly. He nodded his head yes and stood up as he gathered his belongings. ''I'll see y'all big heads later" I told Zay & Kevon. Zay nodded and Kevon just ignored me.

Walking out the class I gave Rico a little tour and we eventually stayed in the library together. ''So from the small view of Bowie how do you like it?'' I asked him as I pulled some of my books out my bag. ''It's straight for real, but I don't think ole boy fuck with me'' he chuckled.

Rolling my eyes I giggled. ''Honestly don't mind him he cool, but he just mad he got a little competition'' I joked. ''Oh word? From the looks of it you up for grabs'' he smirked and licked his pink lips. ''And how do you know that? I may be snatched up already'' I teased.

''Nah baby girl I saw ya eyes on me and my eyes was definitely on you'' he said. Looking away my thirsty ass was trying not to blush. ''See I know ya fine ass blushing'' he teased me. Sticking my tongue out at him we sat there and started to joke around. Hearing a ding I pulled my phone out and see that Kevon texted the group chat.

Kevon🥵🥶: You fucking that nigga😡??

Zay🤘🏿🤠: Yoooo really bro😂🤣😂

Kevin💪🏾🥸: What nigga👀👀

Devin🤪🤞🏾: What nigga👀👀??

Me: Kevon your annoying🙄🙄 I legit just met the man, he new here just like me!

Zay🤘🏿🤠: Shay don't trip off him we told you he crushing on your big booty ass so anybody giving you play he gonna ruin it

Devin🤪🤞🏾: Facts!

Me: Maybe if your mean ass was nicer you'd know that he is actually cool & Kevon ain't my man nor has he admitted to liking me so he shouldn't be tripping off shit. Y'all coming over later I'm making dinner and watching movies

Kevin💪🏾🥸: I'll be there, what time cause a nigga got practice

Me: 8pm!

Devin🤪🤞🏾: Bet!

Kevin💪🏾🥸: Bet!

Zay🤘🏿🤠: I'm there shorty💯

Kevon🥵🥶: Mhm & you mfs talking shit like I can't see what y'all saying

Me: Good nigga😒😒

Putting my phone down I saw Rico staring at me. ''Something on my face?'' I asked while wiping my face a little. ''Nah nah you really just fine as hell no cap'' he complimented. Cheesing hard I looked down.

''Well I'm making dinner for the crew you should come to building B tonight'' I offered. ''Shit I'm there I got bud and backwoods you smoke?'' he asked me. ''Yeah, but we'll smoke in my car since we can't smoke it the dorms'' I said. He nodded and gave me his phone. ''Put ya number in so I can text you'' he said.

Putting my number in his phone he instantly called me. ''I got you just text me what snacks you want and I got you'' I said before getting up to go to my next class. ''Bet see yo fine ass later'' He said and hugged me. The aroma of weed and cologne was on him, but damn he smelled good.

A/N: Who y'all think Shayla gonna go for?

Kevon?

or

Rico?