17

One month later

" this a chunky baby sis " Krane laughed as he played with River

" I know. It's definitely the breast milk " I agreed.

" so how have you been. Being a new mommy and stuff. I miss the gang " Shay pouted.

" it's cool " I shrugged.

Nothing really changed on my end. Once we got back from Hawaii I have had the baby more due to coco back being in his office and his weirdness lately. But me and Eli have still been hanging out almost everyday doing or same old thing.

" you the one that changed. Me and Eli hang out with River and everything. She chill as fuck honestly. I ain't think I was gone be against smoking around her but I am. I just lay her down for a nap or put her in from of a tv and she cool " I shrugged and Krane laughed.

" man Dee could never. All that lil nigga do is cry. " Krane said shaking his head referring to his son.

" don't talk about my baby " Shay rolled her eyes and I laughed.

" where he at anyways? " I asked.

" girl my mama took the kids to the zoo with her church " Shay replied.

" y'all I really came to tell y'all this " I smiled showing them my engagement ring and their eyes went wide.

" not ri settling down for real, for real " Krane flashed a big smile and I playfully rolled my eyes.

" bitch when this happened, how ? " Shay asked.

" our last day in Hawaii. He had a whole set up in the backyard and proposed " I said before answering my ringing phone.

" hey " I answered the FaceTime call once I walked outside.

" where y'all at ? " coco asked putting his face in the camera.

" Shay house " I answered and he nodded.

" come get me. I'm high as fuck. " he said before hanging up and I rolled my eyes.

Lately he has been too high to do anything. That's why we've kind of switched roles. I felt like he just needed a break and the parent shit was overwhelming but now he's pissing me off.

I went back inside to get River and her diaper bag. We said our goodbyes and headed to coco's club. Once I got there I texted him to come outside.

" you feel like cooking? " he asked getting in the back with River.

" what you got a taste for ? " I asked pulling off.

When he didn't respond I looked in the mirror to see him sleep with his head in River's car seat. I rolled my eyes and continued to head home. Once we made it home I pulled into the garage and sat there for a minute.