19

Two Years Later

" you gone call me ?" Sarunas asked and I rolled my eyes.

" yes, now you need to be on your way cause if my baby see you it's a rap boo " I smiled texting Eli who was on the way with River.

" ok ok. I'm gone, have a good day Riley " Sarunas smiled before leaving my office and closing the door behind him.

Over the past two years so much has changed. After coco's death I went ghost for about six or seven months. I was so deep in depression I left my baby and family behind. I spent those months in Mexico doing some of everything. I tried to overdose several times, the exact same way coco did.

While I was away from home I didn't keep in touch with anyone. I preferred to be alone. Which was exactly how I felt. I left my phone and everything behind. I stayed out of motels and worked in bars.

Most of my money went to drugs and even though I hated it. I was just trying my best to end it all. I couldn't understand how it worked for coco and not me. I didn't want to live in a world without him.

After a while I brought a phone and Krane was the first person I texted. He sent me a video of River and that was my wake up call. Seeing how big she had gotten made me feel worst then losing coco ever could. That was my reason for resurfacing. She was a living part of him and realizing I haven't been there for her made me sick.

Once I came back I had no intentions of staying in Texas. That chapter of my life was closed. Coco left me everything but I gave the house to his parents and they sold it because they didn't want it either for obvious reasons.

I took my baby and my grandparents and moved to Los Angeles. Eli couldn't stay away so he followed me and I was glad he did.

With Antonio's connections I became a real estate broker for a popular real estate company. Of course I keep in touch with River's grandparents, Krane and Shay.

Chanel moved to Los Angeles for River. She said she wanted Kylie to grow up with her cousin and that she couldn't be away from the last piece of coco.

Now, Sarunas is a NBA player/ actor I meet at a banquet. We've know each other for a year and have been fucking regularly. We're more friends than anything though. I've meet his whole family including his daughter but of course none of that is going on on my end. He's met Eli but he understands. He knows I'm a widow and isn't looking for anything serious.

I was pulled from my thoughts hearing a knock on my door before Eli and River entered.

" hey pooda " I smiled getting up from my desk and picking her up.

" your uncle did your hair so pretty. Do you like it ? " I asked and she nodded smiling.

" we got McDonald's " River said getting out of my grip and getting her food from Eli.

" what y'all do today ? " I asked Eli sitting on the corner of my desk.

" the usual. Her teacher said she was cool today. No fighting or nothing " Eli laughed and I shook my head.

I put River in a early education program because it was things she needed to know that I simply didn't have the patience for. She was so rowdy and if she wasn't interested there's no point in trying. She definitely reminds me of myself.

She is pretty smart and her speech is great for a two year old.

" I seen your lil boo downstairs " Eli smirked waving his eyebrows and I waved him off.

" anyway I got a charity ball to go to Saturday, will you be my date ?" I cheesed.

" bitch tuxedos are not my thing. Your boo must gone be busy? " Eli asked trying to be funny.