Chap_7. Mistaking

Third Person's POV

In our way a little girl out of nowhere came in front of our car. Luckily Nayem stopped the car before it hit that girl.

I got down from the car immediately and while uttering, "Baby, you okay?", I got near that baby girl. She was literally trembling, may be being all afraid and shocked.

She opened her eyes slowly but to my utter surprise, she got relaxed in no moment and uttered with a little bit of smile, "Aunty?"

Her tone got me somewhat confused like she knew me very well. Nayem also got near us and spoke up, "Baby, you didn't get hurt, right?"

She looked at him for once and then gave me a toothy smile as she got uttering, "No. I am fine."

"That's good then." uttering this, I got hold of her hand and walked to the road side. I made her sit on a bench there and looked around. It was just outside of a school.

While caressing her hair which was perfectly done in braid, I spoke up, "You shouldn't have run like this through the middle of the road, baby. You could have gotten hurt, you know. Don't do this again. Okay?"

She got uttering then, "Okay, Aunty."

"You study in this school?"

She nodded and got uttering all smilingly, "You came back, right?" getting me confused.

Murmuring this, I turned to Nayem who also seemed to be somewhat shocked as he uttered, "Came back!"

I gave him an all clueless type of expression and turned to the baby again, "What's your name, baby?"

She gave me a hurt look as she got uttering, "You forgot me? I am Esha, your princess."

Is she crazy or what?
I don't even know her.
Why is she behaving like this?

My chain of thought got broken as the phone of Nayem got ringing. He took the call and moved aside.

I looked at Esha who was still staring at me with a confused face.

Anyways she is just a little girl and maybe she is mistaking me with someone else.

Thinking like this, I got asking her, "Is anyone coming to pick you up from here?"

Uttering, "Mummy or Daddy was supposed to come." Esha looked at the way.

Hearing her, I got uttering, "May be she is on her way."

Esha nodded at me and asked me, "You are coming with me, right?"

"Why will I go with her?" I got thinking but couldn't get to say as she went on, "You know Mama will be so happy seeing you."

Nayeem got near again finishing his call and spoke up, "Let's go. We are getting late."

Nodding at him, I turned to the baby again and spoke up, "Baby, you wait here. Your mummy must be coming soon. Okay?"

I was about to take a step ahead but she got hold of my hand with her baby hand and got uttering, "You are leaving again? Mama is sad and searching for you, Aunty."

What is just happening!
Why this little girl is behaving strangely!

I looked at Nayeem but found him going towards the car as he got uttering, "If this project becomes a success, then our all problems will be solved."

When he didn't find me near car, he turned towards my direction and spoke up, "Maya, let's go. We can't be late today."

Thinking something, I spoke up, "Right now I am getting late, baby. Tell your mama, I will meet him later, okay? Now I need to go, sweetie."