Chap_15. Waiting for a Hint

....Maya's POV....

I took the file that Nayeem forwarded held out to me but spoke up otherwise, "Is everything good between us now?"

He answered solemnly, "I love you, Maya. You are mine and nothing is going to change that."

I smiled hearing him and talked on some random stuffs for a while before getting out of his cabin with the file in my hand.

It was late in the afternoon and I was still working on that file when I heard a knock on my cabin.

"Come in." the words were barely out of my mouth before Nayeem entered the cabin looking all tensed.

"What happened?"

He sounded concerned as he answered, "About the last project."

I gave him a questioning look, "What about it?"

"They called an urgent meeting tomorrow." He replied.

I was still clueless what he was referring to as far as I knew we completed our plan for that project before going to London for attending that wedding party. So, attending a meeting shouldn't be any problem.

I kept silent waiting for him to continue. He took a seat in front of me and added, "The meeting is at the same time with the new project meeting."

Now I got what he was tensed about but still it was okay.

"Nayeem, I think there is nothing to worry. You go for the earlier project meeting and I will for the new one. You know I can handle it alone. I mean it's not for the first time. Don't you have confidence on me?"

He uttered immediately, "That's not what I mean Maya. But still it's a new company for us and top of that it's even one of the top listed companies of our country. So.."

I cut him off, "Don't you worry. I will handle it and try not to disappoint you."

I tried to sound confident though I was getting nervous from within for some reason but didn't want to let him feel it.

I maintained a calm posture and gave him a look, waiting for his approval.
He kept staring at me for some moments and then nodded.

"Are you done?" At his inquiry, I spoke up, "Just a little bit is left."

When actually half of the work was barely done but I thought of making him feel somewhat relaxed was necessary.

He spoke up then, "Okay then. Leave the rest for tomorrow. Meeting is after lunch. So, I think you can finish up the rest tomorrow."

I was about to say otherwise but couldn't do it.

"Let's go to your place. I want to meet Zareef. It has been a long time."

"Okay. Give me a moment."

Getting the things arranged, I got up taking my bag. Walking up to the door following Nayeem, I turned back and thinking of something, I got near the table and took the file of the meeting.

I can do some work at home, right? I thought to myself.

Shoving it in my bag, I got out of my cabin.

While talking on random stuff, we got into Nayeem's car. He took the driving seat and I sat beside him.

On our way home, I bought the medicine for Vai.

Seeing Nayeem with me, Vabi Emma got really happy. Vai Zareef's situation wasn't well. He couldn't even talk. Sitting by him, we talked for a while and then Nayeem left for his home.