- Chapter 7 -

Note: Hello, here's another chapter ~ If there is a longer wait between them, it's because classes started up again, so I'll be writing in my free time (college sucks lol).

This chapter hurts, and I'm sorry but it has to be done for the sake of plot haha. I promise there will be more comfort/spicy stuff soon, and I hope you enjoy! <3

Summary: Some new information is stirring up tension. Levi confesses to something relieving, yet hurtful, and you decide to put yourself first.

---

After Levi stormed off, you decided to keep Jean some company even though you were relieved of your shift now. Jean, Connie, and Eren were like brothers to you, and you knew you could always depend on them.

Armin was a bit of an anomaly; you two were pretty much joined by the hip when you became scouts, but since you noticed that he liked you, it felt weird to still consider him family. Maybe more like really good friends?

You couldn't lie; there were moments when you've flirted with him in the past, unsure if he realized it or not.

Armin was pretty innocent after all and surely wouldn't expect that you'd be into him too. It wasn't like it meant much, though, you just thought his reactions were cute, and he was so easy to tease.

Well, actually, you sometimes considered Armin as a potential partner, specifically after Levi showed you that he wasn't interested in you.

Not that you could really blame him, he was your captain, and you never realized how inappropriate it was until he started being a complete ass to you.

But Levi was extremely harsh about it; a simple 'no' would've sufficed. And when you were completely bombarded with him suddenly hating you while also dealing with rejection, Armin started to catch your attention.

He was incredibly kind, for one, far from the malicious treatment you were getting used to from Levi. Armin always found a way to cheer you up, and you discovered that you had a lot in common; reading, writing, and exploring, to name some.

You even bonded over your misfortunes; the fact that you've both been bullied and sort of out of place was comforting— Armin when he was younger, and you currently, which was unfortunate.

Levi being the bully in question, of course.

Something kept you from pursuing Armin, though, and you liked to tell yourself it was because you didn't want to lose him and that a relationship would cause problems.

...So why were you willing to do so with Levi?

Even after all the shit he put you through, you couldn't help but want him. Your feelings simply never went away, not in the slightest. Only forced to hide under the guise that you hated him too.

"Don't let Captain Levi get you down (Y/N); you know how he is," Jean advised, patting your shoulder before setting the pails down.

"I know, and I try not to, but sometimes it's just too much. We always joke about how he was probably born angry, and now I think it's the truth." You laughed, still dusting dirt from the back of your pants as you tried to get out of your head.

Jean chuckled at that, shaking his head. "Exactly, there's no changing him."

Your heart sank a little at that. Sure, it was wishful thinking to imagine that there was a way to change Levi, but it was also hard to accept that as fact.

As much as you wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, though, Jean was probably right.

Frowning for a second, you faced the wall, not wanting Jean to see that you were pondering over what he said. As you fixed your shirt, which was wrinkled by Levi yanking you, you sighed.