Chapter 3

28th Jan, 2022

Inhaling deeply with a sulken face, Saim looked back around the conference room. He could not believe that the meeting had turned to be a disaster for him. Firstly, he was caught yawning multiple times reason being lack of sleep last night. The motel that he was staying provided him nothing but a bed with heaps of mosquitoes for which it had cost him five thousand. If it wasn't for his car damage he would have spent the night at his home in his comfortable bed rather in a motel that was owned by an egoistic man who was planning to empty his pockets. Secondly, when he was already embarassed for his act, his phone started ringing loudly causing him to feeble with it, the entire room ogling at him with a disappointed look.

He glanced down at his phone, that had a missed call from his dear mother. He might have developed his father's looks and personality but he was much of a mamma's boy from the three kids.

He chuckled remembering his father's word when the three siblings were arguing on who their mother loves the most.

"Your mother loves me the most, next in line is Saim because he is my copy, next is Saad because sometimes he can be me and last is Zara because she is just like her."

This had caused an outraged making Zara to almost cry but his father had a way with his words to console her too.

"Just like your mother, I love her the most, next is you because you are just the copy of your mother, next is Saad and last is Saim."

Zara was almost convinced with his words, but their elder son had something else in his mind,

"That means I am loved the most. Because I get equal amount of love from both of them."

With that said he had walked out like a king making their father to glare at his elder son, while Saim and their mother chuckled looking at the cocky personality Saad had just used.

He smiled remembering one of his fond memory of his family. Glancing at his phone, he phoned back his mother, kicking the small pebble that rested right in front of him waiting for her to pick up his call.

His unhappy demon was suddenly brighten when he heard his mother greeting him before exploding with questions. Even though they had a talk in the morning, she still managed to worry about him. He chuckled when she started yelling at him for not giving a reply but before he could say something he heard his father calming her.

"Mamma, take a deep breath. We just talked like some hours ago and I am just how I was; smart and handsome." He said with a proud smirk, pulling on his shades before walking towards the garage where his car was being taken care of.

"Like father, like son." He heard his mother mumble before he heard his father's laugh making him laugh too.

"Assalamualaikum, how did the meeting go?" His father questioned reminding of his oh so not good moments making him scowl that instantly caught his parents attention.

"Don't even remind me; I guess this place hates me for some reason. Everything has been tiring." He whispered looking at his car that still remained in the same position where it was left. Frustrated, he questioned the owner about his car and from his look it was evident that he had forgotten about it.

"Give me 10 minutes," the owner said before rushing to one of his workers while he stood in the shade of a tree ready to explain to his parents, "First; the conference got postponed. Second; my car got damaged. Third; The motel room I am staying suck. Fourth; the conference was horrible." He complained to his parents like a school kid while they let him.

"So many complaints," His father teased making him roll his eyes, glancing at his car that was now being taken care of, "Saim don't behave like a nagging child. There might have been something good which you are neglecting because of your mindset." He heard his mother making him ponder over it and his mind eventually traveled to the café that was the only thing that had satisfied his stomach and him.