Chapter 14

Ramadan Mubarak! Blessed to have witnessed another Ramadan!

May Allāh forgive our sins and guide us to the right path. May He strengthen our Iman and bless us with treasured joy!

***

1st April, 2022

Saim stretched his arms widely, before his gazed fell onto the coffee mug Yusra had kept for him. He looked at the time in his wrist watch, knowing it was already half an hour past since they had left. He took the mug to have a sip of it to only groan at its coldness. Standing up, he stretched himself once again, before walking down to make himself some coffee. Taking the mug, he was about to pour it into the sink to only stop.

He suddenly remembered Yusra's face and his attempt to throw away the coffee felt futile in that moment. He didn't understand but in the moment he didn't have the heart to throw it away so instead he reheated the same coffee, in the process making a call to the person of his thoughts.

"Hello?" The smile on his face disappeared as soon as his sister's voice fell into his ear, a frown to appear on his face. He opened his mouth to question about Yusra but stopped as he heard his sister giggle making him curious.

"What's going on there?" He asked waiting for her to reply but when none came he called out to her once again. "Yeah, wait I'll let you listen but just don't get furious okay." She said and even though he questioned what she meant she didn't reply. He kept quiet, hearing a few voice trying to listen.

"He is an engineer," While he could still hear the same voice going on and on, he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He wanted to know what exactly was happening, when his phone vibrated indicating a message. Pulling the phone away from his ear, he looked at the laughing emojis that were sent to him before a text popped up.

She thought bhabhi was me and started telling her about her son.

Saim read the message, his eyes widening with each word. Once again a few laughing emojis appeared and he did not understand why Zara found it to be funny. He instantly put the phone onto his ear, his entire concentration onto the talk when he heard Yusra's voice.

"But aunty-" She was cut off by the lady making Saim to roll his eyes. Of course she had to be polite. He wished Yusra would just be direct with the lady to stop her ranting.

He put his phone on loudspeaker and started messaging Zara, on Yusra's phone asking her to help her out.

I was about to, but guess chachi and phuppu are enjoying bhabhi being nervous so they told me not to help.

They are recording it.

And yeah mamma isn't here too that's why.

He read the messages his sister sent, making him groan. He clenched his fist, when he heard the lady praise Yusra's beauty. Just as he was about to blast it out, he heard his mother's voice that somehow managed to calm him knowing the situation was about to get in control.

"Masha Allah your daughter is beautiful and soft-spoken." He heard the lady making him smirk but it vanished as soon as he heard his mother praise Yusra more. He didn't understand what was going on. He was sure that instead of fixing Saad's marriage, they might just end up getting Yusra fixed when she was already married to him.

"What the hell?" He yelled loudly in the phone unable to take it anymore and just as he did that, the call was disconnected. He looked at his phone in disbelief redialing Yusra's number but none picked up.