XVIII

Peter runs off the roof and jumps to land on the van. Suddenly, he's grabbed and pulled upwards. It's a man in a mechanical suit with wings and glowing green eyes. As Peter struggles to get loose, a parachute ejects from the back of his suit and pulls him away from the man. "Ahhh!" Peter shouts as he gets tangled in the parachute and fall towards the Hudson River.

He hits the river with a splash and holds his breath trying to get out of the parachute. Then, someone dives into the water, cuts off the parachute, and pulls Peter to shore.

Once situated, Peter realizes that both Percy and Iron Man are there and neither of them look happy. He starts telling them what happened while wringing out his suit.

"And then, and then he just like swooped down like a monster and he picked me up and..." Peter explains quickly, "and took me up to like a thousand feet and just dropped me. How'd you find me, you put a tracker in my suit or something?"

"I put everything in your suit," Iron Man replies, "Including this heater." Said heater then turns on and Peter in finally able to warm up.

"Whoa, that's better, thanks," Peter replies.

"Peter, what were you thinking, you could have been killed," Percy demands interrupting Tony.

"The guy with the wings is obviously the source of the weapons, I've got to take him down," Peter says defending himself.

"Take him down now, huh?" Tony says, "So this is what FRIDAY was telling me about. Steady Crocket, there are people who handle this sort of thing."

"The Avengers?" Peter asks excitedly.

"No no no, this is a little below their paygrade," Tony explains.

"Anyway, Mr. Stark, you didn't have to come all the way out here. I had that, I was fine," Peter protests.

Percy scoffs, "Peter, you would have drowned if Mr. Stark didn't tell me that you were falling into the Hudson River."

"Yeah, also, I'm not...here," Tony says flipping open the helmet to reveal an empty interior, "Thank god this place has WiFi, or you would be toast right now." Peter frowns. "Look," Tony starts, "Forget the flying vulture guy, please."

"Why?" Peter protests, "Kate and I can do this."

"Why, because I said so!" Tony yells.

"Just stay close to the ground, build up your game by helping the little people, like that lady that bought you the churro," Tony rambles as Peter sighs, "Can't you just be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man?"

"But I'm ready for more than that now!" Peter exclaims frustrated, "You made me a Junior Avenger."

"No, you're not," Tony counters closing the helmet, "That was shown by your recklessness tonight."

Peter groans frustrated, "But Mr. Stark..."

"I'm looking out for you kid," Tony responds, "Listen to me if you ever come across these weapons again call me or Happy." Then an engine noise comes through Tony's microphone.

"Are you driving?" Peter asks.

"You know, it's never too early to start thinking about college," Tony says changing the subject, "I've got some pull at MIT, end call."

"I, I don't need to go to college, Mr. Stark!" Peter exclaims.

"Mr. Stark is no longer connected," FRIDAY says before flying the suit back to the Avenger's Compound.