XXXIV

October 1, 2023

Percy appears in his apartment in a cloud of mist. He frantically looks around, good it still looked like their place.

Suddenly, he feels a blade pressing into his back, "Who are you?" a shaky voice asks.

Percy suppresses a smile, "Hey Wise Girl."

"Whoever you are I won't fall for it," Annabeth replies, "My husband is gone, and I've had a very long week. So please just leave me alone."

"It's me, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," Percy says slowly turning around to face Annabeth. Her breath hitches when she sees his face, but she doesn't lower the knife.

"Prove it," she says sternly.

Percy pulls out Riptide and uncaps it, "See, only I would have this."

"More," Annabeth says tears forming at the corners of her eyes.

"Um, I can do this," Percy says pulling the water out of a vase and floating it around the room before putting it back.

"Tell me something only he would know," Annabeth says, the tears now crawling down her cheeks.

"Remember when you wanted to listen to the Sirens," Percy recalls, "They showed you your parents and Luke waiting for you at a picnic. You had redesigned Manhattan..." He's cut off as Annabeth flies into him and wraps her arms around him.

"It's really you. You're back!" She says before pulling away, "I thought you died! We had a funeral for you and everything! We even burned your shroud!"

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't think it would take me this long," Percy replies, "But I have a way to bring them all back."

Annabeth looks at him with disbelief, "You found a way to bring them back?"

"Yeah, you'll never believe who I met," Percy replies, "Also we're gonna need some help, do you still have Sadie's number?"

•••

"So, you were stuck in a magical casino in Vegas where time passes slower than it does out here and talked to Chaos, like the Chaos?" Carter mutters in disbelief.

"Yes," Percy replies sitting across from him, "And he has a plan, a way to get everyone back."

"Awesome," Magnus mutters from next to Carter, "And I assume you need our help."

Annabeth nods, "We wouldn't have you all gathered here if we didn't."

"So," Sadie asks, "What's the plan?"

"In theory it's simple," Percy explains, "The Stones are a source of energy or power. When Thanos used the Stones, all their power was used up. However, the power of the gods, our gods, apparently came from the Stones and so we can use their power to charge them again."

"Wait, our gods came from the Infinity Stones?" Magnus says confused.

"Yeah, it sorta explains why there's two Thors and what not. The aliens, that is Thor from the Avengers, they're the originals and our gods are just copies. Created from the minds of the mortals when the aliens went home," Percy explains.

"That...is a lot to process," Carter says.

"Oh, that's not all," Annabeth says causing Magnus to sigh, "It also can't just be any six gods, it's gotta be ones where a Stone's power is most potent."

"So, like where the stone aligns with their domain?" Carter asks.

"Exactly," Percy replies, "Also, apparently the god will be temporarily powerless until the Stones are used."