XX

The group makes it back just in time for the Academic Decathlon. Peter dons a very good disguise of sunglasses and a hat, and they sneak into the back of the event hall. He shoots Ned a quick text that they're there and to meet them outside after. The academic decathlon championship speeds by and in the end Midtown takes the gold.

"Hey, do you think Mr. Stark will let us enter as a team next year? I have a feeling we could rock this," Harley mutters as they walk out.

"Definitely not," Kate replies, "We'd simply be too good."

Peter laughs, "Yeah, I doubt many people will want us in the competition, plus I don't even know if we're a real school."

"We better be," Kate says, "I've got to get into college or my mom will kill Tony."

"I'm sure Tony's got everything figured out," Shuri explains as they halt by a bench to wait in the shade.

Soon, Peter spots Midtown's team exiting the building. Flash is holding the giant trophy and chanting loudly with most of the team following his lead. Ned catches Peter's eye and lights up. He begins walking over and the team follows.

"Peter! You made it!" Ned exclaims. He holds out his hand to do their handshake, but is pushed aside by Flash.

"Peter-Man! What's up? Did you see how I won the championship?" Flash exclaims practically shoving the trophy in his face.

Harley coughs, "Actually, I believe it was Michelle that answered the winning question," he says earning a surprised look from the girl.

"It was a team effort," Liz says attempting to maintain order and walking towards Peter.

"H-hey Liz," Peter replies hoping his voice didn't crack. Based on the expressions Kate, Harley, and Eli were making, it totally did.

"Hey Peter," Liz greets. She looks at her team before turning back to Peter, "We were planning on going sightseeing, if you'd like to join."

"We'd love to!" Kate exclaims before sending a smirk Peter's way, "I'm Kate Bishop, world-famous archer and future Avenger."

"Whoa, you're gonna be an Avenger?" Ned exclaims.

"Don't listen to her, nothing is set in stone," Harley says butting in, "I'm Harley Keener by the way."

"Ned Leeds," Ned says before being shoved aside once again by Flash.

"Flash Thompson, at your service," he says holding out his hand, "I'm Peter's best friend, you know?"

Harley turns to Peter confused to which the hero simply shakes his head. "Right," Harley replies before turning back to Ned.

Peter turns to Liz as they start walking, "How's life?"

"Good," she replies smiles, "I've been pretty busy with this, and then the Homecoming Dance coming up. Oh, but you probably don't want to hear about all that."

"No, I do," Peter replies, "I..."

"Peter!" Flash interrupts inserting himself into yet another conversation, "How's it going my man. I bet lots of exciting things have happened to you. Since, you know, you're a superhero and all."

"It's been good," Peter replies, "We've been super busy with projects for Mr. Stark..."

"Boring," Flash shouts, "I want to hear about the interesting stuff. Have you fought any villains recently?"

Peter opens his mouth to reply but pauses seeing his former classmates. They're all looking at him, thoroughly interested in what he has to say. He grins, "Oh yeah, I fought this guy with wings the other day when I had to leave Liz's party early. He was selling illegal weapons made with alien tech..."